Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Purchased Dropbox Plus but storage did not increase

Level 3

I purchased Dropbox Plus several days ago and successfully paid the annual subscription which was confirmed by an e-mail from Dropboxl

But my status remains as Dropbox Basic with the storage 2.15GB.

I'd sent a note to Dropbox support team but have heard nothiing from the support.

Can you please fix this so that I can use the full capability as Plus.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Re: Purchased Dropbox Plus but storage did not increase

Dropboxer

Hey there @WG6B - sounds like you have two accounts and applied the upgrade on another one other than the one you're seeing. 

To confirm if this is the case, you can use our self serve look up tool to locate the email address and account that is associated with a charge (assuming that you purchased your subscription through our website and not within the app store on your mobile device) from this page: https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt

When you find the email adress used, try logging in using that email. If, for any reason, you don't remember your password, or you need to reset it, you can visit our website here:

https://www.dropbox.com/forgot

Please enter the email address associated with the upgraded Dropbox account. You'll then receive an email from no-reply@dropbox.com with the steps to reset your password.

If you don't receive an email after a reasonable amount of time, please check your spam folder to ensure that no-reply@dropbox.com is not blocked. You can also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and request another password reset email.

Last but not least I can see that an agent has responded to your ticket with ID: 8727068 so I'd advise to check your inbox for their email. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with from my end please.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Walter

I am still stuck.

I click the URL you had provided to get to "self serve look up tool to locate the email address and account ". That site asks me the transaction ID and it says it is a 12 digit number while what I have for the transaction is "8kfw8kja" which appeared in an e-mail to confirm my payment sent from Dropbox.  Therefore I can not proceed to see what my account is or accounts are.  Please help me get the 1TB capacity which I need now so that I can transfer from an old PC to a new one.

I appreciate your guidance further.

Br

Shige @WG6B

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @WG6B - have you seen your ticket's history recently? Are you receiving our emails at all? I'm only asking because I can see that our agents have got back to you on both of the tickets you've opened so far about this issue. 

Moreover, as this doesn't seem to be a valid transaction ID, you might want to contact your bank and ask for it directly. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can do from my end to assist with this please.

PS: I will be glad to send you an email to the email address that's associated with your forum's profile so we can work on this together but I'm not sure you're receiving our emails (so please let me know in your next response). 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Purchased Dropbox Plus but storage did not increase
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post