Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Reached the maximum number of invitations for a shared folder

New member | Level 2

When I click the invite friends tab on the account/plan tab and I go to send an invitation I receive the message "You've already sent the maximum number of invitations"

When I then go to click the link that says "View the status of your referrals" to see if I can maybe cancel a few, I then get taken back to the account/plan tab.

I am on basic free plan and have earned 14.25gb and as I understand It I could still potentially earn another 1.75gb.

Any help on "resetting" or "clearing" these invites would be great as I sent that list out about a year ago and so if links haven't been clicked by them then I guess they never will!

Many thanks in advance

4 Replies

Re: Invitation

Super User II
It isnt possible to clear it I'm afraid Mikey.

The limit is set exceptionally high and if you've hit it then you've hit it to stop being reported as a spammer which would remove ALL of your bonus space.

You may be able to send people you KNOW (only - do not just randomly send it out) via your own email using the referral link, you just cannot use the Dropbox one.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2
Right! I thought it might be something along those lines as opposed to a glitch.

Oh well, got 14.25gb so can't grumble!

Thank you Mark slightly smiling face

Explorer | Level 3

Hy

sorry this is not the solution to my question. I do not worry about shared space, I need a high number of daily invites for a shared fowlder.

br

Re: Reached the maximum number of invitations for a shared folder

New member | Level 2

I received this message when I tried to share files while using my VPN. When I disconnected the VPN, the message did not appear.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Reached the maximum number of invitations for a shared folder
4 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post