Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Referrals: Different free space rewards based on an account's plan?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi!

My current plan is Basic (free). I wanted to get some additional space from referalls, and this is what I've found:

• Dropbox Basic accounts get 500 MB per referral and can earn up to 16 GB
  • Dropbox Plus and Professional accounts get 1 GB per referral and can earn up to 32 GB

If I upgrade my plan to Plus, I will get 1 GB per invited person.
My question is if I decide to cancel my subscribtion in the future, will my earned free space (32 GB) be still available to me or will it become 16 GB since I will be on the Basic plan again?

Thanks.

1 Reply

Re: Referrals: Different free space rewards based on an account's plan?

Helpful | Level 6

Hey there, 

Unfortunately/fortunately it is as you think. If you upgrade or downgrade your account your referral bonuses will be doubled or halved respectively.  So if you get all 32 referrals while on a plus plan you will have a 32gb of extra space but when you downgrade it will go down to 16gb. 

Probably not the answer you are hoping for but there it is, slightly smiling face

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Referrals: Different free space rewards based on an account's plan?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post