Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Sharing a Family DropBox account with two business account

Level 2

My wife and I have have a family dropbox account (Pro) that we share. We also have *different* businesses that have their own dropbox business accounts.

Is there a way to set it up so that on her computer she has her business account and our joint account, while I can keep my business account connected to my personal account on my computer.

3 Replies

Re: Sharing a Family DropBox account with two business account

Dropboxer
Hey @MrNeil

Currently, although you’re able to connect a personal (Basic/Plus/Professional) account with a work (Business) account, pairing an already connected account to another one isn’t currently an option. 

Finally, I just also wanted to mention that, for security reasons, sharing an account with others is not recommended. You can find more info about this here

I hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

This is a poor response and a missed opportunity.  WIth Dropbox being so common, this precludes people for using for family uses.  I will likely have to use another service. 

The security comment also misses the point, they are referring to a spouse, with whom a whole life is shared.  Would be great to see another way to do this. 

Level 2

I agree that the Dropbox rep is missing the point and the reality of spouses who work together. My spouse and I own a startup that is probably a year away from becoming profitable and we have to struggle to make ends meet and keep building our company. Dropbox is an important tool for us because we cannot afford our own server, nor can we afford to buy extra external drives to handle our very large files. Once we become profitable, we would, of course, see the wisdom of each having our own paid dropbox account. But in the starting stages where every $120 feels like cutting off another limb, it's TRULY unfortunate that dropbox doesn't understand the need for spouses who are also business partners sharing one upgraded dropbox account so that we CAN become successful and be ABLE to pay for multiple accounts! I mean, if you can't trust your spouse who is also your business partner/company co-owner with the files used by BOTH of you in service of your business dream, then you seriously should not be in business or in a marriage together!

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Sharing a Family DropBox account with two business account
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post