Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Space is almost full notification

New member | Level 2

stop nagging me about how full my space is, daily annoying messages will only deter me from buying more space

the constant nagging is like ads, im either gonna find a way to manually block the notification or im just gonna stop using and uninstall dropbox

thx

6 Replies

Re: Space is almost full notification

Dropboxer
Hey there @a_giraffe!

Sounds like you’re receiving a notification about your Dropbox account running out of space. You can check how much space you’ve got left by navigating to your Plan tab on your Settings

Although this notification cannot be disabled, it will not appear once your Dropbox account isn’t close to or over its storage limit. To do this, you can either make space by removing unwanted content (including shared folder and files) or earn free space

Hope this helped to some extent! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

TOO MANY NOTIFICATIONS

New member | Level 2

First off, I've been using Dropbox for years, and I've always thought it was a fantastic program. But a few months ago, or maybe more like a year, I started getting more and more frequent desktop notifications about how I'm almost out of space. Which isn't an unreasonable thing to have notifications about. What is unreasonable is the fact that it pops up multiple times a day over active fullscreen windows, and that I can't turn it off! I have almost 700 MB free and that will honestly last me at least another 9 months before I need to prune my Dropbox contents. 

I don't need this notification, and it's irritating me to the point that I am actively searching for a dropbox alternative that I like. If there is a way to turn off the desktop notifications that I haven't been able to find, please let me know. If not, tell your dev team how obnoxious this is.

Re: TOO MANY NOTIFICATIONS

Dropboxer
Hey @cd95, I’ve moved your post under this discussion here, in order to ping you towards Lusil’s reply above, as it could be of assistance in the future. While I’ve already made sure to note down your feedback on my report, I appreciate the time you took to detail us your thoughts; positive or negative, your comments help us understand your needs better.

Please feel free to ping me here again if you have any more thoughts or questions & have a wonderful rest of your day in the meantime! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

I see I am not alone at loathing this nagging. I also note people have been raising this issue for a year or so. Like them, I am more likely to seek an alternative than to buy storage I just don't don't need at this time, to stop your 'ad'. I have 600 MB of free space, more than enough given that I eventaully roll away older content.

Please reconsider this as a configurable setting.

New member | Level 2

I have nearly 2 GB of free space (I have 16 GB total), and am getting the most annoying nag messages EVERY DAY on my PC telling me my storage is almost full. Seriously? Is there no way to make this stop besides pruning my files or buying more space?

Dropboxer
Hey @Lori L.9, apologies for the slight delay in getting back in touch with you. 

To answer your question, Lusil’s pointers above still apply, therefore you could either remove some files or upgrade if you’d like to avoid seeing this Notification moving forward. 

Earning space through referrals or other promotions may be the solution you're looking for however. Have you had a chance to explore this by any chance? 

I hope my message points you in the right direction! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Space is almost full notification
6 Replies
6 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post