Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Ticket #8581477: Requested refund for an accidental charge

Explorer | Level 3
I have never ever taken this package I only took the free account of drop box to try and also if I will take the service I will take it for 10 euros per month

Why would you charge me this much and without telling me before charging 

Pls refund my money 

I have taken a basic service of photos for free using the drop box who has given the authority to charge this much your website says it is a 15 euros per month then why did you charge I am going to raise this concern as fraudulent by you because I have not authorised you to charge 

As you can see I have not used your service  you can check what i have used then why did you charge also I have subscribed for free trial  by seeing even it expires it will cost me 10 euros  where it is  mentioned it will cost 1150 euros 

I have a single user of drop box why did you charge this much pls refund and charge as mentioned in your website

Waiting for your email pls let me know how to arrange refund you can deduct some amount as I took only free  but since I am individual as I stated I only took free so pls let me how to initiate refund

As I mentioned i have only taken it for  my use and  as you can see i onlyupload small file of some gb in the account pls deduct the monty of whta you feel i have used and pls return the money i am not a company i cant use business advacne.

also it was just for trial. why would you deduct this much  fees 1150 euros when i have only used it for uploading pics and sharing.

pls note that i have not used your service pls refund the amount. 

i have already contacted my bank for refund and am goin to take action against you without informing me you have charged me a servie fees of 1150 euros which i have not used.

I haven’t heard back from you recentl
Pls note that I have not taken that service it was in error done from your end I only took 10 euros service pls deduct 10 euros and refund my money you have also canceled the service on your own without my consent you charged me and canceled it

I have told my bank about this case pls return the amount I have not taken your service pls check my account 

Pls note that I have not taken the business account service. Firstly I am a user and not a company secondly I used dropbox based on the recommendation of a friend. Thirdly I only uploaded a small gb file. And lasltly I only took the basic service of 10 euros pm. Then why did you deduct 1150 euros. ??

Pls process the refund after deducting the 10 euros check my account I have not used dropbox and taken your business serviuce. I highly regard dropbox as a big company and I believe they would surely listen my concern and help. If I have not taken your service then why did you deduct the money also I did not get a remoinder that you will charge this much and my mebership is over. I took basic free memebership and provided my card in the sign up because it said you wont be charged.

psl refund my money.

Have you done the refund deducting 9 dollas per month 

I have never used your account as business it was automatic upgrade done in acidental

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. 

Under GDPR european law, you cant just charge my accoun thinking it is a business account.,

I have reached outt to my bank for refund. Pls refund the amount and check aI have not used your business service I am a simple single user
9 Replies

Re: Ticket #8581477: Requested refund for an accidental charge

Dropboxer

Hey there @sumit1516 - sorry to hear about this and thank you for your feedback on your trial's conversion. 

Note that I have passed all of your comments to your open ticket and the expert handling your case. Rest assured that they'll review it and will get back to you soon with an update. 

In the meantime, you may want to review our refund and renewal policies, in our Terms of Service:  https://www.dropbox.com/privacy#business_agreement

I hope this helps to some extent and please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist with this.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

thanks for your reply I am getting copy pasted reply of this

-------
I’ve reviewed our refund policies, and unfortunately they don’t allow me to provide you a refund. In some cases, your bank or online payment vendor may be able to help. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

---

thanks for your reply. PLSSSS check my account I have not used it as a company I just tried to take your 10 euros package and before deducting this huge amount you did noty bother to check with me,??I did not receive any email that I will be going to be charged this much.
Under GDPR, European law you cant simply charge without notification when I have told you that this service I have not taken thi is completely unethical at your end and this would be deemed an unfair contract. I have admitted to I have taken a basic service and in error you made it business account, but to enforced me to pay this amount making my life hell pls check how much I have used and what i have uploaded a small file of some gb. My bank have got involved as it was obvious from my financial situation that I did not intend to make this payment.

Are you trying to say you are here to not listen my voice and will charge heavily even though have not taken your business service will you not pay refunds 

pls make the 10 euros charge per month and return my money

you have cancelled the service on your own then why dont you return my money. ?.

Explorer | Level 3

You cant charge from my account just because i have siugned up for free account user

Explorer | Level 3
Pls understand I have on ly taken your free service and thinking 10 euros subscription per month as someone advised me to go ahead and try the dropbox while creating accoutn it asked me to share my bank details for the sigbn up I did that

Even if I had signed up I have only taken the account for 10 euros I am not a company I have only uploaded a small GB file for this you have charged me 1150 euros Why????

When I have taken your basic service Pls deduct the amount of 10 euros and refund my money You cant simply charge even I have not taken your service by asking me to sign up and sharing my account detaikls

It could be an issue from my end to sign up and share trhe dteyails Pls check my account I have not used service then why you are not refunding??

Explorer | Level 3
Pls check I only uploaded small gb file when it was on trial as I took your service on trial and never used it.

I have not taken your business service Pls refund my money

I am not a company I am a poor guy simple user and I dotn have this much money 

Pls see I never used your application after trial pls refund deduct 10 euros per month but pls refund my money

I asked my bank as well

Thanks

Super User II
@sumit1516 wrote:

You cant charge from my account just because i have siugned up for free account user

You signed up for a trial of a Business account. When doing so, it tells you that if you do not cancel before the trial ends, you will be automatically subscribed based on the options you chose. This is not a Plus account that costs 10 Euros, but a higher level Business account with multiple users. Simply put, you signed up for the wrong account.

I have not taken your business service Pls refund my money

As this is an account/billing related matter, you need to talk with Support regarding this matter. No one on the forums can assist you as they don't have access to your account information. Only Support has that access. You need to refer back to your open ticket.

Explorer | Level 3

As mentioned previously, I only took a trial service thinking afterit expires i will pay for 10 euros basic service I am not n organisation with team

one of my friend introduced me to dropbox so i tried it I uploaded a basic file as you can check only during trial period.

I did not opt for business package of 1150 euros that is done in error and I admit i did not see my email as it was on trial but pls check what service i have used ple deduct 10 euros per month but refund my money as i have not used your business package i am a single user and not a company.

I tried dropbox and gave my card details because it was showing in your homepage 10 euros per month where it was showing 1150 euros which you have deducted.
 Support is not helping and cant escalate the matter so i am replying here could you pls escalate this matter to the highest level when i have not used your service and there was a mistake in not seeing your email then why are you not refunding your money

i have admitted that i did not see your email but since i only used your service in trial and never used it and also seeing your homepage 10 euros per month so i was shocked to see 1150 euros deduction 

i am a poor guyt who hardly can afford 10 euros per mont i have only uploaded small file pls refund the rest

i have asked my bank aleready and they are following up

Explorer | Level 3

this is NOT SOLVED pls read my last reply and help.

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear this @sumit1516 - I've passed your additional comments to your open ticket and un-accepted the best answer as you feel this is not resolved yet. 

As mentioned, you may need to review our refund and renewal policies, in our Terms of Service:  https://www.dropbox.com/privacy#business_agreement

Moreover, in some cases, your bank or online payment vendor may be able to help further with this.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience and please let me know if there's anything else I can do from my end to help with this.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Ticket #8581477: Requested refund for an accidental charge
9 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post