Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Tried to change location in billing but its not changing.

Explorer | Level 4

Hello slightly smiling face

I moved to Australia and from Malaysia and forgot to change my billing address and billing details.

I reveived next year bill which is due.

I tried to change the location and want to add my credit card details but its now allowing me to change it.

You cant change the country with a different currency.

Kindly help how can i update it.

Thanks

Proshots

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Tried to change location in billing but its not changing.

Super User II

Hi,

You need to downgrade/cancel your plan first at www.dropbox.com/downgrade. Then wait for it to expire (you get a few days grace so dont panic) before reupgrading in the new country.

I'm afraid there is no other work around - although it is ridiculous :(

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Its not allowing me to downgrade it.

Only it showing me to cancel the plan i am using 2TB plan.

I mailed to Dropbox to fix the issue i hope they will reply me soon.

Below is the message i receivedfrom Dropbox first than only i noticed about this thing:

Hi Ahsan,

We weren't able to charge you $119.88 for your Dropbox subscription. Please check your billing information to make sure it's up to date.

After November 24, 2019, your account will be downgraded to Dropbox Basic, and your space will be reduced to its original amount. If this happens, none of your files will be deleted, but you'll have much less space to add new files to Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Currently i am using 1TB

Super User II

@Proshots wrote:

Its not allowing me to downgrade it. Only it showing me to cancel the plan i am using 2TB plan.

Cancelling your subscription and downgrading to Basic are the same thing. Basically, you can't change to a different billing country on an active subscription. You either need to cancel your subscription or allow your account to be downgraded to Basic, and then you can re-subscribe using the new billing information.

You won't lose any files when you cancel or downgrade your account. You'll temprarily be unable to sync any new or changed files while you're over your quota, but once you re-subscribe you'll be able to sync again.

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you I did that and upgrade it after that.

All resolved slightly smiling face

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Tried to change location in billing but its not changing.
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey