Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

URGENT: I am an admin of my Dropbox Business account and cannot login to urgent healthcare info

SVN
Level 3

I am the owner/admin of my Dropbox Business account and cannot login.  The healthcare information I had in Dropbox is also no longer showing on my computer.  It is also information covered under HIPAA so I must immediately make sure someone else does not have access to it.

When I try to log in, it tells me the credentials are not correct and offers me a way to reset the password.  I put in the admin email address and I never receive reset info.

As far as I can tell, if I can't log in, then there is absolutely no way to speak with anyone about this urgent issue.  I submitted a support ticket from another free Dropbox account, but it said 1-3 days for a response and it has already been a day.  Again, I must have access to the information right away and if someone has hacked my account, it is a federal HIPAA violation.  Help!

3 Replies

Re: URGENT: I am an admin of my Dropbox Business account and cannot login to urgent healthcare info

Dropboxer
Hey there @SVN,

Firstly, in terms of the password reset request, have you also checked in your spam/junk inbox as sometimes they can be redirected there? Otherwise, I can suggest adding the email address “no-reply@dropbox.com” as a contact to your email account and requesting the password reset email one more time.

In terms of the error message you get when trying to sign in to your Dropbox account, can you let me know specifically what the error reads? Is it possible that you have misspelled the email address when attempting to sign in?

Finally, you mentioned that you have the Dropbox desktop app connected to your computer. If the app is signed into your account, please check the email address with these steps:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar/system tray.
  2. Click the gear icon in the top right corner of the window.
  3. Choose Preferences…
  4. Go to the Account tab and check the email on the “work” account.

Hope this helps, let me know what you find - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Re: URGENT: I am an admin of my Dropbox Business account and cannot login to urgent healthcare info

SVN
Level 3

Thanks for the reply Daphne!

I've checked Spam, Junk, and yes, even my "Other" non-focused inbox and have nothing from dropbox which makes me nervous that the email attached to the admin account has now been changed.

As far as the error, when I put in the credentials (I'm a pretty good typist, and have put it in several times, fast and slow) I get "Invalid email or password" (above the email address field) and "Oops! It looks like you may have forgotten your password." below the password field with a link to "Click here to reset it."

My desktop app is logged in using a different email address and not my admin address.

I know Dropbox puts themselves out there as being highly concerned about security, but they sure make it difficult if someone has a security issue like I'm experiencing now.  Instead of emails back and forth over a period of days, it should simply take a phone call with the right person to actually help make sure the account is secure.

Still no word from Dropbox support and I've been working on this 3 days now - a potentially high security breach and no way to get help from Dropbox with it (from a multi-year paid business account holder).

Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Dropboxer
Hey again @SVN,

Thanks for providing that info for me. What I’d like to ask you to do to expedite the matter would be to submit a ticket from the email address associated with the admin Dropbox account.

To do this, please open an incognito browsing window (so you aren’t signed into a Dropbox account) and go to the following page:

From here, underneath the sign in prompt, you can choose the option “I can’t sign in”. Then, choose the option “I forgot or can't reset my password” and then click the blue “Request more help” and fill in the form with the email address of the admin account.

Once you have submitted the request, you will receive an email from Dropbox with a ticket reference number (eg. #1234567), if you let me know the ticket number then I can follow up from my side.

Hope this helps - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

URGENT: I am an admin of my Dropbox Business account and cannot login to urgent healthcare info
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post