cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsubscribe Dropbox Plus Trial from Google Play Store

Unsubscribe Dropbox Plus Trial from Google Play Store

Zel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I subscribed for Dropbox Plus Trial from Google Play Store. I only can unsubscribe from Google Play Store and not the 'Billing' or 'Plan' page as I did not sign up for trial through Dropbox. I need to unsuscribe in the next 48 hours but my Google Play Store subscription is empty, so I cannot find it to unsubscribe. Please help me, thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you’re not able to cancel the subscription by following the steps mentioned above, since you subscribed via Google Play, I’d kindly recommend contacting them for more info on the matter. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Zel!

Have you had a look at the steps outlined in this article:
  1. Open the Dropbox App on your phone or tablet. 
  2. Under Menu, tap Settings.
  3. Tap Manage your subscription.
  4. Continue to the the Google Play Store app on your phone or tablet, and be sure you're signed in with the same account you used when you installed the Dropbox mobile app.
  5. Tap Manage.
  6. Tap Cancel subscription.
  7. Confirm you wish to Cancel.
Let me know of any updates! :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Zell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi Lusil, thanks for your help! I tried to open, on my Google Play, it does show dropbox as having a subscription, but as soon as I press the subscription button, it showed an empty subscription page 😫

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you’re not able to cancel the subscription by following the steps mentioned above, since you subscribed via Google Play, I’d kindly recommend contacting them for more info on the matter. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Zell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Okay, I'll try contacting them, thank you!

123stu321
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Zell, I have exactly the same problem. Dropbox don't want to know as its a "google play" issue.. and google support are absolutely useless. Have you had any joy?

Myrt
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I am having the same problem. My Dropbox subscription is not showing in Google play. I have contacted Google play and they do not see a Dropbox subscription. Is there a way to cancel Dropbox without going through Google??

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Myrt

Initially, are you able to see the subscription on your Plan tab? Could you also ensure that you’re looking at the Dropbox account associated with the same email address as your Google Play?

Additionally, have you tried following the steps on how to cancel a subscription or trial on Android in this article?

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Ped11
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I'm also having the same problem. It's not showing in Google play as a subscription so I'm unable to cancel

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Ped11, sorry to hear that you’re also having this issue. 

As a first step, please check if the email address connected to your Google Play is the same as your Dropbox account. From there, since you mention that you subscribed via Google Play, I’d recommend contacting them for more info as they may be able to further assist.

In any case, let me know how it goes and don’t hesitate to give me a nudge if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Jaderlea New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    grow land New member | Level 2
    neversubscribeagain New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?