Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Users creating individual account with corporate e-mail - how to identify and disable

New member | Level 2

My company (a large College) has users who have created individual accounts using their college .edu e-mail address.  We want to find out who has done this, as well as be able to manage this.  

If we restrict access at the firewall level, it doesn't address them accessing things from home or any other location.  Is there anything we can do to identify users and restrict access using their corporate/college e-mail address?

2 Replies

Re: Users creating individual account with corporate e-mail - how to identify and disable

Dropboxer

Hey there @TB-PDX - welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

I'm not sure on what plan you are but it sounds like you could benefit from our Domain insights and account capture feature. 

[Account capture and domain insights are only available to Dropbox Business teams on an Enterprise plan. Both Advanced and Enterprise plan teams have access to domain verification and invite enforcement to help during the onboarding process too if needed.]

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any more questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Users creating individual account with corporate e-mail - how to identify and disable

New member | Level 2

Thanks Walter!

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Users creating individual account with corporate e-mail - how to identify and disable
2 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post