Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

What exactly is the principal of Dropbox as a storage service?

Level 2

Could somebody tell me what's the principal Dropbox's objetive as a cloud storage service?

Tags (2)
1 Reply

Re: Dropbox objetive

Dropboxer
Hey there @Miguel_AA,

Storing your files in your Dropbox account online will allow you to access your files from anywhere. You can easily browse your files online as well as edit them with many online applications.

You can also connect multiple devices to your account by downloading the Dropbox app on your computer and/or mobile devices (Android and iOS) to allow easy access to your files. You can access and edit files through your connected devices and Dropbox will automatically sync these changes in your account and across devices. If you need to store content from your computer in the cloud, then you can use our features Selective sync and/or Smart sync.

Sharing is also a big part of Dropbox, you can share your content with anyone regardless of if they have an account too! You can share folders to collaborate on content, or share a link to allow others to view and download the files. You can even use Dropbox Paper for real-time collaboration.

I hope this answers your question to some degree, but if you would like me to explain anything in more detail then let me know. I’d be more than happy to!

Hope you have a great day - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

What exactly is the principal of Dropbox as a storage service?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post