cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to my files when I delete my Dropbox account?

What happens to my files when I delete my Dropbox account?

babureddy79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If I delete my account in dropbox.com ,
How many days dropbox server will keep my data or
if I delete my account, data is also deleted from dropbox servers imediately are not ? Otherwise dropbox will use my personal data ,please help me out soon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
When you delete your account, it's gone immediately. It cannot be recovered. Dropbox will never use your files. Please stop asking the same question over and over again or you could find that your posts are removed.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
When you delete your account, it's gone immediately. It cannot be recovered. Dropbox will never use your files. Please stop asking the same question over and over again or you could find that your posts are removed.

Peg3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I moved ten years ago.

Dropbox has been ignored until most recently but had installed it on this computer ten years ago.

No email connection with that decade old server.

No record of password a decade ago.

No files in that Dropbox on my computer.

I want it OFF my computer so I could start all over again.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Simply

-Unlink the current Dropbox
-Delete the Dropbox folder
-Re-run Dropbox (maybe reinstall so you get a new version at www.dropbox.com/downloading)
-Either log in with your new account or use the option to set up a new one.

Instructions to link/unlink: https://www.dropbox.com/help/mobile/unlink-relink-computer-mobile

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ries
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I like to quit dropbox

how to handle?

ries
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am out of dropbox now?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @ries

If you’re looking to uninstall the desktop app, have a look at this article. However, if you’re looking to delete your Dropbox account though, please check this article out for more info and steps on how to do it. 

Hope this helps! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

abhimanyu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

[personal information removed] THIS ACCOUNT PLZ DELETE

abhimanyu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

PLZ DON'T DELETE MY ACCOUNT

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey, @abhimanyuInitially, please note that I’ve removed your email for privacy and security purposes. 

Moving on to your concern, please note that if you’d like to delete your account, for security purposes, we ask that users cancel their own accounts. Please follow this link if you’re looking to do so. 

Please bear in mind that once you've canceled your account, there is no way for you or Dropbox to recover that account, so ensure that any files you want to keep from your account are saved to your computer before you cancel your account.

If you’re still encountering some trouble with your account, due to account-specific and sensitive info required, please contact our Support team via email. Cheers! :upside_down:

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    abhimanyu New member | Level 2
    ries New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?