Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

What is the notification I received telling me "my team is using Dropbox"?

Explorer | Level 3

Can you please explain why Dropbox this morning has told me "my team" is using Dropbox?

When I clicked on the link, the message was

"Peter, here are some Dropbox accounts you can join to work better together"

and then it listed a load of people I've never heard of - I know nothing about them or what they are doing.

5 Replies

Re: What is the email I received telling me "my team is using Dropbox"?

Dropboxer

Hey there @louisianagrey

Could you send us a screenshot (without any personal information) of the email you received and the link, making sure it shows the Sender email info? 

Let's see what we can find from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

I certainly didn't call it an email. If it had been I would have just deleted it - I'm capable of recognizing phishing when I see it. It was a notification from Dropbox within the Dropbox app on my Windows laptop, and there is no facility for removing notifications.

Dropboxer

Hey @louisianagrey,

Apologies for that! Would you still be able to provide a screenshot of where you're seeing that notification from?

Also, could you let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed on your computer?

Finally, can you check your plan type from within the desktop app by clicking the Dropbox icon in your system tray and then click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right. Then choose "Preferences" from the menu and navigate to the "Account" tab.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

It appears my reply disappeared into the ether - it's a good job I'm not a conspiracy theorist! I wrote: "Thanks for the prompt reply. Here's a partial screenshot showing the notification, let me know if you need more. The Dropbox version is 79.4.143, running under Windows 7. The Account tab under Preferences does not give a plan type, only the space used and the email address."Screenshot 2019-09-04 16.24.38.png

Dropboxer

Hey @louisianagrey,

To have a further look into this, would you mind if I reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile? This will allow us to look at some more account specific info too.

If you already have a ticket open then please let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) and I can follow up there.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

What is the notification I received telling me "my team is using Dropbox"?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post