Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

When I cancel my Dropbox subscription, will I still be able to access my files?

Explorer | Level 4

hey!! 

I just wanted to know if when i cancell the 30 days trial, will I still be able to see and delete/download the files that i put into the dropbox? Or will I no longer be able to "touch" them, as if they were deleted?

Thank you!!!

8 Replies

Re: I have a question about syncing. Can you shed some light?

Dropboxer

Hey @marianaoliveir!

Since this is a 30 day trial, I understand you are trying a Dropbox for Business Teams plan.

After you cancel any trial that gives you space and features, the files and sharing you have there, will remain untouched in the version of Dropbox you had berfore the trial (free or paid).

You will always be able to download your files from Dropbox.com even if your account reports to have more data than its capacity. In which case, the system would give you an error saying you don't have enough space to sync more files. But you will still be able to download. No worries. 

Click here to see how you can get free Dropbox space.

Feel free to ask more questions, I would be happy to answer them! Oh, and welcome to the Community Mariana!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: I have a question about syncing. Can you shed some light?

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!! 

Explorer | Level 3

Hi-If I let my subscription to DB plus slide, .....” If this happens, none of your files will be deleted, but you'll have much less space to add new files to Dropbox.”...... Does this mean I maintain access to all of the uploaded files but just cannot add more?

Re: Hi-If I let my subscription to DB plus slide, .....” If this happens, none of your files will be

Dropboxer
Hi there @jojobloggss,

That’s correct! When you cancel a Dropbox subscription, none of your files will be deleted or removed, you will simply be over the space limit for a Dropbox Basic free account (around 2 GB of space).

You will still be able to access all your files in your account, but you won’t be able to add new files or save any edits to the files in your account. If you want to continue to use a Dropbox Basic account, you can simply download and remove some of the data in your account until you are under the space limit, which you can check from here.

Hope this helps to clarify the matter - Cheers!

Daphne

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3
J

Re: If I unsubscribe from dropbox plus, will my saved photos be lost?

Super User II

Dropbox has not delete things already uploaded yet, however, their terms and conditions DO allow for them to do so to bring you under quota. So, I would suggest downloading them back to a device to be on the safe side.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

اريد الغاء الاشتراك (How can I unsubscribe?)

New member | Level 2

السلام عليكم اريد الاشتراك 

على الاميل 

[personal information removed]

وشكراً لكم

Re: اريد الغاء الاشتراك

Dropboxer

Hey @Ansiiii4000, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

At first, I've removed personal information included in your post for security reasons as outlined in our Community Guidelines

If you're trying to cancel your subscription, you can check out this article

If you want to delete your account though, you can find more info and relevant steps here

Hope this helps!

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

8 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post