cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Dropbox full 92gb of 2TB used?

Helpful | Level 5
Yes, everything working normally this morning!! Thank you

Re: Camera Uploads

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter

Thanks so much for that info. I was part of a team, my own team unbeknown to me which had no files in it, on Dropbox Plus and I've just removed myself from it. Not sure if the camera uploads is working again, but fingers crossed! 

I had also emailed Dropbox regarding the camera uploads problems, because for some reason my account was saying I had no GB left when I had infact emptied my account. There was an Error String: Infinity percent of 0 Bytes used / Can't upload file your Dropbox is too full, which was an engineering problem and was fixed today.

Thanks for taking the time to contact me. All the best to you. 

Re: Camera Uploads

Dropboxer

Just make sure you're on our latest version of the mobile app ( you can see if there are any updates in your app store) Anna ( @AnnaLeask).

Should this persist,  try logging out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again. 

Let me know how this goes! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hello all!

I am also having similar phantom lack of space issues which seem to block my phone from synchronising and uploading photos even though I am only using 40 %.

Last time I had this I completely cleared my DropBox account and it held for a while but it no longer synchronises thinking that it is full when it is not.

It feels like aggressive salesmanship more than a problem. I have 15 Gb which is sufficient for my needs when everything works correctly. I'm not interested in having a glorious 2Tb account.

I'll try signing out again, uninstalling, move the files in my computer's DropBox folder, empty the online version and synchronise to see what if does.

Explorer | Level 4

Well Mike, my camera uploads still isn't working. To be honest I didn't persue it once I got the other problems sorted, as I'd spent around 8 hours of my time trying to fix all the problems I was having with Dropbox, which I am paying for.  It's very annoying as I teach Smartphone Photography classes and have to manually share my smartphohe photos to Dropbox, it's infuriating that this problem hasn't 'self' corrected from deleting the app from both my phone and desktop and then reuploading it, I can't seem to fix it myself either and I'm not the worst with technology! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey folks ( @mikepinter - welcome to our Forum Mike & @AnnaLeask - sorry to hear this persists) - I hope all's well at your end!

Now, as I'd really like to help out with this, I'm going to suggest some quick fire tips to see if they help fix your camera uploads issues. 

First off, could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

To do this on iOS:
1. Navigate to the “Personal” tab
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
3. Select “Clear Cache” 

On Android:
1. Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
2. Select "Settings"
3. Select “Clear Cache

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Another thing you could do is see if there are any pending updates on your device’s OS and, if you haven't done so already, could you please update your Dropbox app to the latest version too (112.2.8 for Android and 112.2.2 for iOS)? This version may contain fixes relevant to your issues. 

@AnnaLeask : Have you tried resetting your camera uploads settings?

You can change the automatic camera uploads import preferences from within your Dropbox preferences on your computer. To do this, you can do the following on Macs:

1. Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar at the top of the screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel
2. Choose "Preferences".
3. Go to the "Import" tab.
4. Uncheck and check again "Enable camera uploads for".

On Windows computers:  

1. Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen and then click on the gear gear in the Notifications panel.
2. Select "Preferences".
3. In the window that appears, click on "Change AutoPlay Settings".
4. In the AutoPlay settings, scroll down and choose the camera you want to change settings for. It will likely have "Import pictures and video using Dropbox" as the default.
5. Click on the drop-down menu and choose "Ask me every time" or choose a different application for importing.

This will reset your Camera Upload settings for all your devices. When you connect a device, Dropbox will ask you if you want to import pictures from it.

In addition, if the problems you're experiencing are mainly noticable on your mobile device(s), could you please try to toggle the automatic camera uploads feature off and on again to see if this helps? To do this on Android devices: 

1. Open the Dropbox app.
  2. Tap the menu button.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Under Camera uploads, select Turn off camera uploads and on again.

On iOS: 

1. Open the Dropbox app.
  2. Tap the person icon.
  3. Under Account settings, select Camera Uploads.
  4. Toggle Camera Uploads off and on again. 

Apologies for the lengthy reply guys - please let me know if any of these helped. Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why am I getting out of space errors when I have plenty?
115 Replies
54 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey