Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Will I keep the additional quota I had before upgrading when I downgrade?

New member | Level 2

I just got this via email:
          Dropbox Plus just got an upgrade. And a new price—starting on November 30, 2019 (that’s your next billing cycle), Dropbox Plus will be $119.88 a year (plus any applicable taxes).

I really don't use much storage, and when I converted from Basic to Plus I was at around 6.5GB for free due to all the ways you can get additional storage.

So the question is: if I revert back to Basic, will I have the amount I had before, or will it go to the initial Basic amount, 2GB if I recall correctly?

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Upgrade

Super User II

When you downgrade, you go back to the amount of space you had prior to upgrading. Any referral space you had when you upgraded was doubled (500 MB per referral to 1 GB per referral). That space will be halved back to what you had previously.

When you visit the Downgrade page it will tell you how much space you end up with if you choose to continue.

Highlighted

Will I still have the extra space I earned on my free account when I cancel my paid plan?

New member | Level 2

Hi!

I want to downgrade my dropbox from plus subscription to free dropbox.

What will happen then with my dropbox space as before upgrading to plus I had 8GB collected from referring people? Will I still have 8GB or will I get initial 2GB for free account?

Thanks

Tags (1)

Re: downgrading account

Dropboxer
Hey there @natanya,

Yes indeed! You will still have the extra space on your account that you gained from referrals, additional tasks and promotions when you downgrade from your paid subscription. 

Let me know if you have any other questions - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Will I keep the additional quota I had before upgrading when I downgrade?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution