cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I receive a refund when cancelling my subscription part way through the billing cycle?

Will I receive a refund when cancelling my subscription part way through the billing cycle?

onb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If I pay the yearly fee on a one-time basis and find I need to cancel 6 months later, is the balance refunded?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @onb,

If you purchase an annual subscription and then cancel this at any point, you won’t receive a refund as your subscription will remain active for the remaining time and your account will downgrade at the next renewal date. If you want to only have your subscription as a “one time purchase”, then you will need to make sure you cancel your subscription before the renewal date. 

Let me know if you have any other questions - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

onb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

that WAS my question

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @onb,

If you purchase an annual subscription and then cancel this at any point, you won’t receive a refund as your subscription will remain active for the remaining time and your account will downgrade at the next renewal date. If you want to only have your subscription as a “one time purchase”, then you will need to make sure you cancel your subscription before the renewal date. 

Let me know if you have any other questions - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Kenxw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My subscription was just renewed 2-3 days ago.  I just cancelled my subscription...am I eligible for a refund since I cancelled close to the renewal date?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Only Support will be able to answer that. Officially, there are no refunds unless legally required.

Also, as stated above, cancelling a subscription doesn't cancel the account. Your subscription will remain active until the end of the current billing period, at which point the account would be downgraded instead of automatically renewing again.

Cope
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Daphne,

"Cheers" is not the correct response to telling someone they can't get a refund for an annual charge.  Dropbox is ripping people off.  I will be complaining as loudly and as often as I can.  I want to cancel my Professional subscription and the annual charge taken off my credit card.  My account was connected to the wrong email address (an old defunct address) and I can't get to the account any way.  This is a ripoff.

anonymous14545983274502
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I agree that this is quite scandalous. I have not come across any subscription where when you cancel and do not want to use the service any more you do not get a pro-rated refund.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

anonymous14545983274502 Helpful | Level 5
    Cope New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Kenxw New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?