Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

cant get in to my 2 accounts !

New member | Level 2

1. I have a Dropbox (DB) APP on my desktop installed YEARS ago that i do not remeber the password for - so cant really use - it is embedded somehow but has a ton of useful files on it i cannot access or add to so COMLETELY USELESS and irritatating as feel like i am having my data held captive by DB!

Q= How can I fix this so i can access my DB desktop files and sync with my iphone ? 

2. i OPENED ANOTHER DB account 2 years ago on my cell in another name THAT DOES NOT SYN WITH DESKTOP COMPUTER DROPBOX AS REEFERRED IN #1 ABOVE

Q= How can I fix this to make them sync? 

3. cannot conect cell to Desktop using DB cell ph instructions:

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: cant get in to my 2 accounts !

Dropboxer
Hi there @BellaBella

Initially, please note that the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer, but with syncing capabilities. As such, although you may not be syncing, you should still be able to access the files in your Dropbox folder. 

Moving on to your first query though, if you forgot your Dropbox password, the easiest way to reset it is to visit the forgot password page. If that doesn’t work for you, there are a few other steps you can try as per this article

Furthermore, please bear in mind that each Dropbox account is associated with one email address, so if you have two Dropbox accounts, they’ll be connected to two separate emails. 

As such, if you have connected your mobile to “Account A” and your computer to “Account B”, the files in the accounts won’t sync from one device to another. If you want them to sync, you’ll have to sign in to both devices with the same account.  

More information
If you’re unsure which email is connected to each Dropbox accounts, you can check from the following:
  • Website - your General tab in your Settings.
  • Desktop app - Dropbox icon > gear icon > Preferences > Account tab.
  • Mobile app - Account tab (iOS) or Settings (Android).
Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

cant get in to my 2 accounts !
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution