Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

i don't want dropbox business

brw
Helpful | Level 5

I tried to sign into dropbox using a new device.  Dropbox kept trying to get me sign up and I tried to just get to my personal account.  Now I am stuck in some middle universe where if I try to access my account from any device, it prompts me to continue/complete the setup of my Business Team Details and I can't get past, around, over or under that screen and I don't now how to cancel or backout out of this mess.

5 Replies

Re: i don't want dropbox business

Dropboxer

Hey there @brw,

You should be able to cancel the Business free trial with the steps outlined here. If you're having trouble navigating to the Admin console due to the "Get started" prompts, the direct link is here.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue.

Dropboxer

Hey there @stevemlmar,

Did you give the steps mentioned above a try? Can you let me know if/where you're running into any issues or error messages?

Let me know and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

brw
Helpful | Level 5

Daphne;

Thanks for your input.  Unfortunately, when I went to subscriptions on my device there was no DropBox subscription.  I have been trapped between and betwixt.  Although my dropbox account appeared to have been changed to a Business Team (the listing and ornamentation in my local directory all changed, for example) it was never completed which is why I was constantly redirected to the "Welcome lets get your team info" screen and could never get past it.  What I finally did (too dumb to try it at first kick at the cat)  was to complete the registration; give them all my info and then cancel the sucker.  It has reverted back to my individual account.

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear you're all sorted out @brw!

If there's anything else you need assistance with regarding this issue I'd be more than happy to help. Feel free to just give me a nudge here. grinning face with smiling eyes

Hope you have a great start to the week - thanks!

Daphne

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

i don't want dropbox business
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post