Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

not automatically logging in on iPad as it does on phone

Explorer | Level 3
Previously when I opened the App on my phone or IPad it would automatically open without requiring me to re-enter my user name and password. It still operates this way on my phone. However, when I started the App on my iPad, it asked for my username and password however it gave an error for my password. Tried single use sign-on but said it was not set up for the device. Then went to the phone and re-set the password there successfully. However, when I went back to the iPad, it is still not allowing me to login with the new password. Please advise. Thanks
Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: not automatically logging in on iPad as it does on phone

Explorer | Level 3
So I tried deleting the App on my iPad and reinstalling to see if that addressed the problem. The App previously worked fine on my iPad and now when I tired to reinstall it on my iPad I get a message saying “Dropbox is not compatible with this iPad”. And I have the latest IOS on my iPad- what gives?

Super User II

You have the latest iOS, or you have the latest iOS that your model iPad will support? Dropbox requires iOS 11 now. Dropbox clients on older versions of iOS may still work if they're already installed and signed-in, but if you remove the app you either won't be able to reinstall it, or you won't be able to sign-in to your account as older versions are being blocked.

What version iOS are you running?

Explorer | Level 3

That looks like it answers the problem.  My iPad is probably too old to support the latest IOS and would have the latest one that it can support.  Quite annoying that DropBox does not make its updates backward compatible with older versions of IOS but thanks for your guidance.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

not automatically logging in on iPad as it does on phone
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post