Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

"cancel trial" button not working

New member | Level 2

I would like to cancel my trial before I get charged. However, when I click on "cancel trial," the page simply reloads. It appears that this button goes nowhere. Please help me find a real way to cancel my trial.

11 Replies

Re: "cancel trial" button not working

New member | Level 2
I’m having the same problem! I’m hoping it’s not a cunning plan by Dropbox, so they can just charge us anyway!!

Cannot Cancel My Subsciption

Explorer | Level 4

Hey guys,

Today is April 5, 2019, and the last day for my free trial is on April 8, 2019.

I am currently trying to cancel my DropBox Professional trial, but the website won't let me.

The website only refreshes itself and shows me this page, with this link.

There are no window-pop ups that asks me whether or not I want to cancel my subscription, and just brings me back to the exact same page.

I'm thinking that the reason why dropbox isn't letting me cancel my subscription is because it is currently Friday evening, and dropbox support is currently closed.

I sent a support ticket, but unfortunately no one can get back to me until Monday.
What is more upsetting is that they prioritize business accounts rather than professional accounts, and I am worried that I won't get the answer I need in time.

If I get charged on April 8th, I find this rather unfair that I couldn't get my refund.
When I am trying to cancel my subscription three days before my trial ends.

Re: Cannot Cancel My Subsciption

Explorer | Level 4

Explorer | Level 4

I am also having the same issues.
I have a feeling that it's because it is Friday and DropBox support is closed until Monday.

My concern is that I get charged on Monday, and even though today is Friday they wouldn't let me cancel my trial three days before I get officially charged.
This is feel rather unfair and unjustified

Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot (28).png

Re: Cannot Cancel My Subsciption

Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot (28).png

Hey Dropbox,
so I reviewed your terms and conditions.

It seems it should be possible to cancel a trial prior to the start of my subscription.

It's rather shady that you're refusing your users the right to opt out of a trial within their convenience, and even within the time limit.

Please advise

New member | Level 2

I am having the same issues too.
I have a feeling that it's because it is sunday, 7th april and DropBox support is closed until Monday.

My concern is that I get charged on Monday, and even though today is Sunday they wouldn't let me cancel my trial the day I get officially charged.
This is feel rather unfair and unjustified.

I hope an answer.

Explorer | Level 4

I have the same problem. I can't cancel my free trial that ends tomorrow. 

New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. Cancelled several days ago but it is still showing that I will be charged unless I cancel before tomorrow. But it won't let me cancel!

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

"cancel trial" button not working
11 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post