Did you mean: 

Doc Scanner on Android

30 Comments
12 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Doc Scanner on Android

Hi there!

Antonio here, from the Dropbox Mobile team. Last summer, we launched the ability to scan any doc through our iOS app. Our users have loved the ability to quickly capture sketches, whiteboard sessions, and printed docs, into organized and searchable files in Dropbox.

We are excited to announce that this feature is now available on the Beta version of our Android app. We are excited to bring this feature to our Android users, and would love your feedback!, Please try out the doc scanner, and share your comments in the thread below.

If you haven't yet opted in to our Beta program, you can do so by following the instructions here.

Cheers!

30 Replies
Level 4

Re : Doc Scanner on Android

HI,

I just updated to 36.1.2, is this the last beta version?

According to the dropbox page on googleplay I have the last Beta version, but I see no new option to scan documents when I click on the "+".

Level 2

Re: Doc Scanner on Android

I have the same problem, there is no add document option under the plus sign menu.
Dropboxer

Thank you for letting us know! We're looking into it and will update this thread as soon as we know more.

Dropboxer

UPDATE: We found the error and the doc scanner option should appear after ~48hours if all goes well! 

If you're too excited and just can't wait, the quick fix for you is to tick the "Get early releases" box in your Dropbox app settings to see this option already. Keep in mind that this would also get you beta versions in the future, so if you don't normally want to use beta versions, you might want to untick that box once this is resolved.

Level 4

Working with this tip, thank you!

Level 2

Level 4

Rif.: Doc Scanner on Android

Installed v. 38.1.2. My Android is in italian and I don't find any reasonable translation for "scan a file" in the Add menu...

What am I missing?

Fabio

Level 2

(removed email address by admin)

Dropboxer

@soeko please do not post personally identifiable information like an email address on a public forum like this. We can't protect you if you share that kind of information face with stuck-out tongue and winking eye