cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a laptop

Adding a laptop

Alexam121
Explorer | Level 3

From a non geek very elderly member . I have been with Dropbox for a few years on my windows 7 PC, but have just bought a new laptop with windows 11.

In  very SIMPLE and easy to understand wording, how do I now add my laptop to my existing account please.

I had dropbox s on the laptop, which I have removed because I already have the dropbox account. I am confused when I see 'download App, when I already have it.

Many thanks

Alex

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Alexam121 

Is your laptop a Windows Machine that only has the app store etc. on it? If so you cannot have it installed as previous and can only use the app from the app store a bit like a mobile/tablet.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Alexam121
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean that I can only have dropbox s on the laptop, which I removed and presumably can gt back?

Mark
Super User II

If your machine is only an S mode one, yes, that is correct.

Going to www.dropbox.com/downloading should give you an option of which one you need 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Alexam121
Explorer | Level 3

My new laptop is an Asus Vivobook Pro 15 Oled - K6502HE with windows 11 installed. It had Dropbox S installed, but as I have a paid for Dropbox account already, I thought I could get that on my laptop as well. Is this correct as I am confused about 'Windows Machine'.  I would prefer to have the full Dropbox on my laptop if possible so that the sync can update everything?  Please advise

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Alexam121 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?