cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Re: App starts at Recents, anyway to disable it?

App starts at Recents, anyway to disable it?

Raymond C.11
New member | Level 1

My personal photos/files and work photos/files are now shown on startup because of this Recents tab.  I have people who sometimes need to use my device and now all these files are shown on first page when they open up my Dropbox.

I've uninstalled dropbox app on one of my tablet just because of this feature...

I don't mind to have a new feature but I don't see any option to disable it... or did it miss this option?

10 Replies 10

Dimitri V.
New member | Level 2

Marco P.
New member | Level 1

Hi Raymond, 

There's currently no way to turn off the recents tab but, you can put a passcode on the Dropbox app if you want to protect the access: 

**How do I set a four-digit passcode on my phone or tablet?**

https://www.dropbox.com/help/227

Hope this helps!

Chris G.70
New member | Level 1

Hi Francesco,

It seems like this is something that a lot of the community does not like. Why can't you just make it so the app doesn't go to the recents tab when the app opens. I'd be fine with the tab still being there, but don't like that it loads up as soon as I access the app.

Raymond C.11
New member | Level 1

This is very disappointing... There were some changes I disliked, but I'm now really done with all these added up together. I'm just gonna install an older version for now...

If the company doesn't listen to the community's feedback, then I'll consider about switching to other company, and stop the subscription.

(Why is it so hard to add an option to disable and enable it?)

Chris G.70
New member | Level 1

Exactly, or even if we can't disable it, atleast let us choose the opening tab when we get into our app. 

Eirik K.
New member | Level 1

Untill this is fixed, are there any links to download an older version? 

Thomas R.10
New member | Level 2

Please let the user choose which view that should be default. As I have dropbox personal and business I have to press 3 times to access my (personal) root folder ...

M H.4
New member | Level 1

Give me a way to change the default folder. Dropbox probably has some self serving integrated future reason for defaulting to "recents", but this creates unnecessary hassle for users. It's also a personal privacy nightmare, especially for business, and even more so for long time users who are in the habit of opening dropbox in front of others/clients. Not a very well thought out mandatory, unnecessary change. Give users control!

William S.14
Not applicable

It is a serious design error like also the mandatory viewers you cannot bypass.

Dropbox however is headstrong in denial they can make design errors and call these errors by design and any incidents reported feedback

So like the titanic everything works as designed.

Need more support?