cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

Paul J.2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Embarrassingly, this open source Dropbox client is Apple Silicon native.

https://maestral.app

Matt819278
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yeaahhhh this is going to get awkward once all the M1 Macs start being delivered over the next month. If it's not ready by then I'm cancelling all my accounts (business and personal).

CCN1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What's a good alternative to Dropbox for both medium business and enterprise? This is the last straw for us and we are thinking of moving away from Dropbox.

Sjpmore
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Make Apple Silicon native or I take my. Usiness to iCloud which I already pay for!

filnko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Wow, wouldn't have expected Dropbox to not support Apple Silicon already. Need to consider switching to another service once my new Mac arrives. 

w777
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please add native M1 support. 

Sacopotatoe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey Dropbox, instead of this having native M1 support from the start, you guys can go the “premium features route”!!!! Or even better, charge an extra monthly fee on top of what you charge, just to be able to have M1 support!!! 😈😈😈 now we’re really talking capitalism. 

ps-3
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@CCN1 I recommend Box. They have full M1 support and great mobile apps.

bgandrew1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

"This idea is going to need a bit more support before we share your suggestion with our team."

Cool... so you're saying this isn't even on your development roadmap? That means any change is potentially 6-12 months out.

I think I'm going to need to see a bit more action from dropbox before I continue paying for my premium account. Additionally, I'll move my team away from dropbox at work... which will be pretty easy, since every other cloud storage provider offers M1 support...

raettig
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

oh dear.  dropbox just lost me as a very longstanding customer due to this.

Need more support?