cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

DBXCommunity
Community Manager
Go to solution

Update: 

Starting today, native Apple silicon support is available in beta to all users. Users interested in accessing the beta can visit the Dropbox Help Center for more details.

tillkrueger
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

In my Dropbox client (v.139.4.4896, macOS 12.1), I am not getting the option to install betas in my Preferences > General settings, anyone else? How to fix this?

tillkrueger
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Oops, I just discovered a post by Fabio L. on the previous page of posts that links to the latest beta installer, so I imagine it is necessary to install that first:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-140-3-1852/td-p/568174

tillkrueger
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Nope. That download put my Dropbox client at v.140.3.1928, but still no option to allow beta updates.

Does anyone have a direct link to the Apple Silicon beta?

***Never mind! I just realized that v140.3.1928 *is* the Apple Silicon beta...so am I wrong in assuming that when running it, it will automatically consider beta updates, even though that setting is not in the General tab?

faebe
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
@tillkrueger you have to go to the settings of the web interface not to that of the client. General → early releases.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi everyone, if you're interested in installing the beta for the Apple silicon (M1) version of the Dropbox desktop application, these are the steps you need to follow:

1. Visit your account settings on the Dropbox site.
  2. Enable the option for Early Releases
  3. Install the beta client for Mac
  4. For good measure, I would also recommend rebooting your device once the installation is complete

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tillkrueger
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

@faebe Ah, thanks!

paulinhobrizola
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I activated the option to receive betas from day one, but so far no support for the M1 here. I've restarted the app, the machine and nothing. And now, what's the solution?

Pokapix
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

How is the experience running beta version of dropbox on M1? – want to try it, but currently working on projects which won't let me test the waters, in case things go wrong 🙂 

faebe
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Pokapix So far I noticed absolutely no hiccups or signs of this being beta.

Need more support?