cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I clear the recent file list?

Can I clear the recent file list?

mattdawson75
Helpful | Level 5

I want to clear all the Recent file list. I didn't realize all of my files were being shown there. I will need to switch to a different service if this can't be hidden or removed.

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mattdawson75, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this with us!

Your idea echoes an older idea, that's closed now. 

Even though there's no direct way to do this in Dropbox at this time, you may find some useful tips in this post

Let me know if you have anything else to add or ask. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Jeremy M.10
Helpful | Level 5

Jesus.  There are posts asking for clear recent items and/or disable recent items buttons going back at least to 2015 and this should be simple to implement, but the "official" solution is to spam the recents variable with a bunch of junk files and then delete those files????  I mean, if spamming a bunch of files overruns the recents variable, then "clear" could be as simple as "recent_items=init_recent_items_queue()".  There is code that initializes a new "recent items" queue, correct?  Seems there would have to be for when someone opens a new account. Or if you can't just re-init the queue and it needs to remain the same size for some bizarre reason, then something like the following might work:

for i in range(num_recent_items):

_ = recent_items.dequeue()

recent_items.enqueue(null_file)

For "disable", just have the button set the max length of the recent items queue to 0.  

I'm sure there are better "developer approved" ways of doing this (especially considering that I don't have access to your code base).  Regardless, if it's helpful please feel to make free use of my suggested code; it only took me a few minutes to type up.  You're welcome. /s

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jeremy M.10 Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?