cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check headless Dropbox activity after server migration

Check headless Dropbox activity after server migration

Sirius F.
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Forgive me if this has already been answered.

We have just migrated our server into a VM host. The server still has the Dropbox folder containing our files (250,000+) and I have re-joined the new server to the account (copy/paste URL etc).

Running dropbox status shows:

Syncing 287,856 files
Downloading 287,856 files...

Does this mean that it is now downloading all the files?

I can run dropbox filestatus in various folders and see that some file/folders are "syncing" and some are "up to date", is there a way to get a live update, like what you get with the desktop client? As there are thousands of folders, the only thing I can think of doing is taking a snapshot of the status of several folders and see if they update over time. Is there somewhere on the Dropbox website that can show any activity from the server? All I can see is the last time the server made contact (x number of seconds).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

4 Replies 4

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Sirius F.,

A way to keep receive live info for what's going on headless server about Dropbox application is to do the same, like what you get with the desktop client. Yes, you can run Nautilus with redirected the X output. 😉 That's it.

Hope this gives idea.

Sirius F.
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Здравко,

I had considered that, but the server has no x installed, by design. Console only I'm afraid.

Sirius F.
Explorer | Level 3

To close this question, a lot of "dropbox status" and "dropbox filestatus *" got me through eventually. Now I get "Up to date" for "dropbox status".

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Sirius F., you don't need X server installed! That's why I said "redirected". 😉 You need X server (may not be full feature, but something serving on X interface - there are such application even for Windows) on your client machine only.

My initial impression (seems incorrect) was that you want to avoid terminal check, but if that's working for you - fine. 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Sirius F. Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?