cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Context menu doesn't appear on mapped drive

Context menu doesn't appear on mapped drive

cdordelly
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello, 

I noticed if I map the main root Dropbox folder as a disk, the context menu disappears on the mapped drive, but I can still see it on the "real/physical" path, you can see it in the video below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfy3kj1poeswb97/brave_7XEHK6YCbG.mp4?dl=0

explorer_bFQP8gTYia.pngexplorer_satp0k1EFy.png

This is an expected behavior? Here is the OS version that I have right now:

Windows 10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2486)

Dropbox v166.4.2920

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@cdordelly wrote:

I noticed if I map the main root Dropbox folder as a disk, the context menu disappears on the mapped drive ... This is an expected behavior?

The context menu is only registered for the Dropbox folder and its contents. While your mapped drive may be pointing to the same location, as far as the right-click is concerned it's a different location, so it doesn't show the Dropbox options.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@cdordelly wrote:

I noticed if I map the main root Dropbox folder as a disk, the context menu disappears on the mapped drive ... This is an expected behavior?

The context menu is only registered for the Dropbox folder and its contents. While your mapped drive may be pointing to the same location, as far as the right-click is concerned it's a different location, so it doesn't show the Dropbox options.

Need more support?