cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox App keeps closing from IMac menu bar - not launching

Dropbox App keeps closing from IMac menu bar - not launching

Natasha111
Explorer | Level 3
I have uninstalled the App & used an App cleaner to ensure that it has been completely removed as DropBox kept showing the following statement causing interruptions on other pages in use & crashing my IMac.
Turn on accessibility (Flashing on & off)

I have downloaded & installed Dropbox App again but the App still os not working as expected.

The Dropbox icon keeps flashing up & then disappearing on the top menu bar. When present if I click on the icon the folder I am expecting to see is available and the Dropbox reads that it is starting, then syncing & then disappears again.

When I launch Dropbox from the lower IMac dock it opens the folder but does not show the options that I previously had with send with transfer the only choice.
2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox App keeps closing from IMac menu bar - not launching

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Natasha111, thanks for your post today.

Can you try performing a more advanced reinstall of the Dropbox application, to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Re: Dropbox App keeps closing from IMac menu bar - not launching

Natasha111
Explorer | Level 3

Had some great help from the dropbox team, running code in the terminal & reinstalling - seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Natasha111 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?