cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Re: Dropbox Badge and Multiple Monitor Placement Issue

yuri b.
New member | Level 1

I am using Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD and never had any issues with any other software. The badge never works properly and your app freezes at random times which is the primary issue. I did try reinstalling it. Pretty sure it is not a graphics card issue and you are trying to divert attention to something totally irrelevant as Web o suggested. The only thing I can think of is the fact I am using Microsoft remote access but surely dropbox should be able to handle that.

Server_Align
Collaborator | Level 10

Using a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" means video hardware is irrelevant, as the remote system is not interacting with any video card (if it even had one).

As said above, this is unlikely to be fixed since it was detected when the badge was in beta, and its still here.

Sadly.

Stefanie
Dropboxer

@Yuri: Thanks for the additional information. I believe that the problem you are experiencing is a bit different from the one that's being discussed in this thread. I'll follow up over email for further troubleshooting.

yuri b.
New member | Level 1

Thank you Sofia for bombarding me with the following questions: 

- Could you please confirm that the problem is happening on your Windows 7 computer called "pc720"?

- Does the app also freeze after you turn the badge off in your desktop client settings? (click on the Dropbox icon in your task bar, click on the gear icon, select preferences)

- What was the last time (date and time as exactly as possible) the desktop client froze?

For the badge not appearing correctly, please reproduce the issue by opening an example Office file and then proceed to the next questions:

- Date and time you reproduced the problem (as exact as possible):

- Name and folder path of the above example file

I don't have time troubleshooting your bugs. How about you let me know when you fix your services. In the mean time I will be looking for an alternative service and eventually sharing this thread with my collaborators.

yuri b.
New member | Level 1

Okay, seems like turning the great badge off solved the desktop client freezing problem. Spent so much time on this one. 

gelkins4
Helpful | Level 5

This issue is still happening. Any fixes yet? This is a two monitor screenshot, Word is open on one screen and the butterfly is on the second monitor. Notice that the badge is half on one screen and half on the other, or half off the edge altogether. I find the problem sporadic. In this same document is also works fine after moving from one screen to another and then expanding and reducing etc. Sometimes it shows up where it should and other times it does not. I have not found an exact pattern yet. 

First image is good, the second two show it off the each edge. All screenshots from the same document. 

I like the badge when it behaves itself. Any thoughts? 

Thank you, Geordie

Capture2.PNG

Capture 1.PNGCapture.PNG

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?