cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Capture always shows previous screenshot

Dropbox Capture always shows previous screenshot

AnnieX
Explorer | Level 3

Whenever I put in the shortcut to take a screenshot with dropbox capture (shift+alt+s), it shows me the last screen I'd taken a screenshot from, no matter whether or not I just did a crop of it. It kinda cuts off everything I'm doing in the moment to show it for a solid 2-3 seconds, and I just think it's really weird. Is there any way to get it to stop that? It's a shame because it's very handy otherwise. I'm using Windows if that might make a difference.

7 Replies 7

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AnnieX, and thanks for posting here!

Can you please clarify for me what you mean when saying that Dropbox Capture shows you the last screen you’d taken a screenshot from? Do you mean that it looks kinda stuck for a few seconds on the same screen, even after saving the screenshot? 

Have you tried to turn the feature off and on again to see if it makes any difference? 

Keep me updated.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AnnieX
Explorer | Level 3

Say if I took a screenshot from an art program awhile ago, then took one on this site. After hitting the shortcut to open the part of Capture that lets you drag a box on your screen, it suddenly would show the full screen of the art program I cropped from for about 2 seconds before it went away.

So far, resetting it seems to have fixed that! It's still very strange, but thank you!!

AnnieX
Explorer | Level 3

Hello again @Nancy! Unfortunately this fix is very temporary. After about five screenshots, it goes back to doing this whole thing. I don't know if I'd want to have to turn Capture off and on every day to get around it; is there anything else that can be done or an update to it possible at all? Thank you for your time!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @AnnieX, sorry to jump in here, but have you tried reinstalling the Dropbox Capture app since you first noticed this? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

AnnieX
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!! Sorry it took me so long to respond! After reading this, I tried that yes. It fixes it at first, but same as before, after like the fifth screenshot or so, it starts doing it again.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AnnieX, thanks for the info. Please could you contact the support team directly for them to investigate this matter in more detail?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AnnieX
Explorer | Level 3

Sure thing, can do

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AnnieX Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?