cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync icons missing - iMac - Catalina 10.15.5 - 1/28/21

Re: finder integration disappearing

ferdinandus
Helpful | Level 6

This keeps happening to me A LOT (a few times every day). The first time it happened (after I installed Big Sur) I contacted DB help and someone told me to delete the app, re-download and sync again - it worked very well. But soon it happened again...  I thought it was a bit 'brutal' to delete and re-install the appevery time (not to mention the first big sync).

It was obvious that the problem was the finder extension - Dropbox worked well apart from that. I found a work-around that works perfectly: everytime the tiny blue/greee/grey icons disappear and no finder extensions, I go to System Preferences > Extensions and there un-click and click again the DropBox extension. Instantly everything starts working again.

It's a bit of a pain to have to do that everytime, but it works.
I don't have many other extensions in my computer, but now I'm trying to identify if the culprit is another extension by having them all unchecked and trying to load them one by one. It's a bit tricky, because the problem appears to be ramdom.

It would be great to have a proper fix, but I'm sharing this in case it helps....

Mjmackowski
Helpful | Level 5

The fix I found worked for a few days but now Finder Integration is not working. Annoying. Is there another way to share the link?

I will try the fix again.

FW3000
Explorer | Level 3

hi there,

same here. my workaround: hit CMD+OPTION+ESC --> choose FINDER --> hit RESTART --> the FINDER closes and reopens the last opened window(s). 

It is a really annoying and random behaviour.

Re: Dropbox Finder integration no longer showing - macOS Big Sur 11.1

Michal_pl
Explorer | Level 4

Having the exact same problems, it is becoming increasingly frustrating.

laurajhardwick
New member | Level 2

I've been struggling with this too - relaunching Finder solves the problem, but within an hour the Quick Actions can disappear again, and it's really frustrating to do over and over.  Would love to get some help.  Thanks!

Re: Dropbox Finder integration no longer showing - macOS Big Sur 11.1

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for joining the discussion here @Michal_pl, I've just reached out to the email linked with your profile here so we can look into this further. Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

johnhalldesign
Helpful | Level 6

I have 3 Macs syncing files, and for the most part it works great, but the sync icons and really all finder controls of Dropbox are always randomly disappearing on all machines.  Sometimes they will come back just as randomly, or I can get them back by restarting or resyncing, but then they will be gone again.  Its really a constant headache.

JefW
Collaborator | Level 9

I agree. I've not noticed an issue with sync icons lately, but have noticed the finder enabled ability to right-click and have access to dropbox shortcuts have vanished. 
I'm learning that dropbox just doesn't get along with macs well anymore. 😞

johnhalldesign
Helpful | Level 6

Today's oddity on my Mac Pro, if I open a file through an app, I can see its sync icon and status.  But if I look in any finder window on the Desktop, they are all blank, and there is no ability to set its sync status.  I'd just as soon turn off smart sync globally at this point, so I know everything is synced on all machines, but doesn't seem that's an easy thing to do either.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi everyone, I've just merged this thread to another where we have users reporting the same issue.

So we can look into this further with the team, we'll need to continue looking into this via our Support channel.

If you'd like to, please submit a ticket with the team with the options available to your plan here.

If you have any trouble with this, let me know and I'd be happy to help out with this from my side - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?