cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Passwords Other Data

Dropbox Passwords Other Data

jaybih
Helpful | Level 6

I should be able to store other information like drivers license, secure notes, insurance cards, etc. in Dropbox passwords.

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jaybih, could you clarify why or how you'd be using Dropbox Passwords to store this kind of files?

Have you considered storing those in your Dropbox account instead or use the Dropbox Vault for those perhaps? 

Keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jaybih
Helpful | Level 6

Well I like to store information such as license keys, ssh keys, membership IDs, health cards, etc., in my password manager (currently using 1Password) as it makes it super easy to access this information form anywhere all in one app. Storing some credentials in my dropbox app (i.e., my gym membership id or my GitHub ssh key) in my vault does not seem ideal. Plus it doesn't seem like the vault is end to end encrypted @Walter ?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the clarifications @jaybih - your feedback has been noted in our system.

As for the Vault, yes it's not end to end encrypted, but there's something coming in the following months as we plan to embed Boxcryptor’s zero-knowledge encryption capabilities natively within Dropbox for Business users on our paid plans to use across all file supported types on Dropbox.

We’re working to introduce this functionality to our Business customers as soon as possible and we are still finalizing the pricing.

We will share more information as soon as we have an update. 

Once again, thanks for taking the  time to share your thoughts on this and please let us know if you have anything else to add. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jaybih
Helpful | Level 6
I still think having the capabilities to store this information in Dropbox passwords is essential.

In terms of end to end encryption, will it come for regular professional users (I.e small business with only one person). Also will it cost more money?

Dropbox keeps releasing updates for teams but looks like Dropbox keeps forgetting features and updates for solo users.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @jaybih 

One of our team members involved with embedding Boxcryptor capabilities posted more information here.

I can't provide more information at this time as not all details have been finalized. We will share those with the community when we can.

Best,

Ben

Need more support?