cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Dropbox files different on different computers

Re: Dropbox files different on different computers

Danna T.
New member | Level 1

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and synced Dropbox.....my folders are different on two computers (same account, of course). If I save a file to a folder on one computer I spend so much time trying to find it on the other computer. Why? If I make a file in DB on one computer....why does it not appear on the other computer? This does not make sense.

Susie H.1
New member | Level 2

Lots of comments about the same problem?  Has anyone solved it?

mikemorgan4hc
New member | Level 2

Several years later and I have the same issue.  Brand new computer.  When I use Dropbox, all of my files are older versions, at least 6 months outdated.

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @mikemorgan4hc

From what I understand as you put it, in this case, there may have been a computer running the older version of the Dropbox application that had not been connected or updated in some time. When this computer was connected, it added files or folders that were in that computer's Dropbox folder but that were missing online as though they were new files, rather than deleting them from that computer to match the website.

You should be able to find more information about what might have happened in your Events page too. 

Hopefully this will point you to the right direction. Please let me know what you find.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Susie H.1 New member | Level 2
    Danna T. New member | Level 1
    Robert M.54 New member | Level 1
    Ed Dropboxer
    Gary B.21 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?