cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox for MacOS is now ready

Dropbox for MacOS is now ready

Grokitas
Explorer | Level 3

I've got Dropbox installed on an M1 MacBook. After upgrading to Ventura 13.0 it brings up a notification. If I click on "Get started" and go through all the steps in the process it appears to work, but the notification never goes away, and doesn't have any method to manually remove it. I've tried restarting the Dropbox app, and restarting the whole computer. Neither make the notification go away.

258 Replies 258

TonyEnglund
Collaborator | Level 9

Would it be possible to have some kind of information about when you could expect the "upgrade"? I work with a lot of users on Mac who upgraded the OS  over a year ago who have daily struggles.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @David F.61, thanks for the additional information there - much appreciated!

Can you try the latest version of the desktop app from this page and let me know how it goes?

If the issue persists, please let me know here and I'll reach out via email  to investigate further.

As for your concerns now @aldee & @TonyEnglund - note that full support for macOS 12.5 and higher has already started rolling out and that this is an update to ensure that Dropbox continues working seamlessly on your devices. 

Whenever you're ready, simply click on the notification to receive the update. Just keep in mind the changes outlined here.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

TonyEnglund
Collaborator | Level 9

@Walter , i'm aware it's been rolling out for a long time, and my concern is that there is no way of knowing when you can expect the upgrade. I've been telling my users "it's coming" since long before xmas, and the patience starts to run out.

cicelyalaska
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having the exact same problem, and I did what worked for the other user--gave full access in the Privacy settings for Dropbox, and then restarted. Still having the same issue. I get the notification in the Task Bar to update, I click and it says it will take 55 minutes, it closes Dropbox and asks me to log in and resync, and then the notification in the Task Bar shows up all over again.

glenncogar
Helpful | Level 6

I have this issue too. Just migrated from iMac to new Mac Mini M2 running 13.2. Endlessly tells me that Dropbox for macOS is now ready, I go through the steps and it then logs me out of Dropbox, I log back in and it starts all over again telling me Dropbox for macOS is now ready.

Has anyone found an actual fix for this problem?

Michael N.28
Collaborator | Level 8

When I had this problem I was using my wife's M1 iMac while my old 2017 iMac was being repaired.

I'm now back to using the 2017 Intel Mac and I no longer have this problem.

cicelyalaska
Explorer | Level 3

No matter how many times I try to download the new Mac update, it always pops back up in my notifications. To try to solve it, I've done what seemed to work for another user--gave full access in the Privacy settings for Dropbox, and then restarted. Still having the same issue. I get the notification in the Task Bar to update, I click and it says it will take 55 minutes, it closes Dropbox and asks me to log in and resync, and then the notification in the Task Bar shows up all over again.

Anyone know what's going on?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know about this, @cicelyalaska.

Can we reach out to you via email, so we can look into this internally?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to see you're having this issue, @glenncogar.

Have you tried giving Dropbox full disk access on your computer, to see if that helps?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SamPT
Helpful | Level 7

I am facing this problem since last 2-3 months, and I have raised this issue to dropbox as well.

On this forum some once from Dropbox will ask you to contact via email, and once you contact them via email, they will reply saying that " back end team is working on it" and they are not sure when they will be able to resolve the issue.

Pathetic service by DROPBOX, and useless developers of DROPBOX do not know how to solve the issue, 

Need more support?