cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for MacOS is now ready

Dropbox for MacOS is now ready

Grokitas
Explorer | Level 3

I've got Dropbox installed on an M1 MacBook. After upgrading to Ventura 13.0 it brings up a notification. If I click on "Get started" and go through all the steps in the process it appears to work, but the notification never goes away, and doesn't have any method to manually remove it. I've tried restarting the Dropbox app, and restarting the whole computer. Neither make the notification go away.

258 Replies 258

PaulHarder2
Helpful | Level 5

To repeat what I said earlier, my Dropbox got fixed by first installing the latest stable version, then clicking on the notification again and following the prompts. I am now on v166.4.2920, the notification is no longer presenting itself, and my Mac Finder now has a new Dropbox entry in the Locations section of the left-hand sidebar. It worked.

KOA1
Explorer | Level 3

Hi , I finally found out how to remove "Ready For Update" of beta releases.  It is simply, going to "Preferences". > General and clicking on "Leave Beta" ( if you were signed up for getting beta releases ).  After that, the Dropbox icon in the Mac Menu bar no longer displays the warnings of Ready For update.    Hope that helps you all...

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @leonchu886, I just sent you an email, so we'll continue from there.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

David F.61
Helpful | Level 7

I don't have the option. I'm not using the beta version. 😐

David F.61
Helpful | Level 7

Interesting. I already had the version v166.4.2920 installed that you mention, but I reinstalled anyway and now the issue is fixed. Go figure.  Thanks!

David F.61
Helpful | Level 7

Ugh. Spoke too soon. It worked on my MacBook, but not on my Mac Studio. Same loop of installing and ending up with the red exclamation and the message to update to the latest version, even though I just have. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @David F.61, sorry to hear about this.

Can you please let us know if you've granted full disk access to Dropbox on the affected device?

If you did and this persists, please send us a screenshot of the app's exact status and version as shown in your menu bar.

This would help us assist further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

PaulHarder2
Helpful | Level 5

David, I don't recall the details, but I seem to remember that there's a specific procedure needed, to upgrade Dropbox on a Mac. I suggest googling to find explicit upgrade instructions.

David F.61
Helpful | Level 7

Yes, Dropbox has full disk access and accessibility.  This is what I am seeing after updating.  I notice that on my MacBook, it updated and just ran. On my Mac Studio, it asked me to login again.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 12.30.26 PM.png

aldee
Explorer | Level 3
Walter,

I have a related question: Will Dropbox keep working without the update if I have NO ONLINE ONLY files? 

Two other ways of asking this same question: 
     is it still *necessary* to update? (as opposed to *recommended*?) when one has ONLY OFFLINE files?
     how long does Dropbox plan to remain backward compatible?

I am concerned because I am on an older MacBook Pro for which the last compatible macOS is Monterey. I am also concerned about Dropbox playing well with older versions of iPadOS to sync my files.

Thanks!
Al

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    jeffco123 New member | Level 2
    matovsky Helpful | Level 6
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?