cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for MacOS is now ready

Dropbox for MacOS is now ready

Grokitas
Explorer | Level 3

I've got Dropbox installed on an M1 MacBook. After upgrading to Ventura 13.0 it brings up a notification. If I click on "Get started" and go through all the steps in the process it appears to work, but the notification never goes away, and doesn't have any method to manually remove it. I've tried restarting the Dropbox app, and restarting the whole computer. Neither make the notification go away.

258 Replies 258

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @leenewman! Can we log a ticket for you as well and have our support team look into this?

@ronj1, I can understand your frustration. I looked up your previous ticket and I can see that it’s been closed. 

Since our team will need to look into your Dropbox account to see why the issue hasn’t been resolved for you, I’m afraid we’ll need to log a new support ticket and send it over to our specialized team. 

Please let me know if that’s alright, and we can get things started.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DeanH
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy,

Yes please. I would like to see this resolved.

Thanks 

Dean

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

I just sent you an email, @DeanH, so make sure to get back to me, when you have a chance!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

ronj1
Explorer | Level 4

Sure @Nancy, please do. In case you really do take action on each individual account to fix the issue, I'll have to apologise. No change on my end.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ronj1, I just sent you an email, see you there! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

DeanH
Explorer | Level 3

I have managed to resolve the issue on my MacBook thanks. I deleted the Dropbox desktop app and reinstalled it, and then the update worked immediately for me.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Awesome news @DeanH!

If you need anything else, give us a shout!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

leenewman
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Nancy  @Megan , yes please... happy to open a ticket and have your team look into it. thanks,

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey again, @leenewman! Please check your email address, when you get the chance; you should be seeing a new support ticket there. Please reply back to it, and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

mike15gp
Explorer | Level 4

I was delighted to hear that DeanH was able to get the new Dropbox for Mac to work by deleting the old and installing the new.  I too had been dealing with this for months.  I have an iMac 2021 M1 16 GB Ram 1 TB storage MacOS Ventura 13.4.   At that point, in my apps folder was a version 174.4.5852; while in the menu bar was 175.4.5569, so something was amiss.  So, following DeanH, I went to the DB website and downloaded the Desktop DB for macOS.  Sorry if I don't recall the exact sequence of events, but on clicking the newly downloaded version, it began a cycle that looked like it was working; installing DB in my Locations, which I believe is one of the newer changes.  It went through the entire syncing process and looked good.  However, I now had DB 175.4.5569 in my apps folder also, but without the picture icon.  I needed to restart my computer at some point, and upon restart, I still had the funny looking app in my folder, but no longer had DB in my Locations.  It is now an alias folder underneath MacHD/Users/myusername/.  If I go into Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox; voilà, there are all my folders, and they work fine.  So, I am assuming the alias points to the CloudStorage/Dropbox.  Things have improved; the menu bar DB is where it should be; it is showing all my activity and syncing; but I still sense something is not quite right.  From my earlier ticket, with Megan I think, I received the notice that DB was working to solve the issue, but never saw a fix, other than the next message that said my issue was resolved, when it wasn't.  I am happier than I was, but still a bit confused.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    jeffco123 New member | Level 2
    matovsky Helpful | Level 6
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?