cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox newly installed on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 and launches Dropbox Finder Folder not the DB app

Dropbox newly installed on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 and launches Dropbox Finder Folder not the DB app

Catalina Island
New member | Level 2

I've had Dropbox for approx 8 years and recently needed to wipe my Mac Retina due to a hack and a crash. Loading back applications I'm having a huge problem with Dropbox.  It installed without a problem and the Dropbox "icon" is in the trey and the app folder. When either of those are clicked it takes me to Finder and the Dropbox Folder where the files are located. 

What can I do to launch Dropbox from my desktop and not have to go www.dropbox.com?

I have the basic plan on Dropbox and from what I've read it doesn't work with Catalina and I have to upgrade my account to "Plus".  Is that true?? Your help is very much appreciated!

Thank you,

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Catalina Island wrote:

You can change it to open the app in Dropbox Preferences.

2e551693ff01f58d3ac24abf3a9e47fc.jpg

I have the basic plan on Dropbox and from what I've read it doesn't work with Catalina and I have to upgrade my account to "Plus".  Is that true??

No, that's not true at all.

SGRSGR
New member | Level 2

I updated to to 10.15.7  last night and have the same issue as Catalina Island. When I try to open the Dropbox app, it only opens my files. I cannot open the app so I cannot get to preferences. I also cannot get to my filesharing site. Hellllpppp!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SGRSGR New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?