cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox support for MacOS 12.3 - can we finally upgrade?

Dropbox support for MacOS 12.3 - can we finally upgrade?

paul20
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I cannot find anywhere anyone saying that Dropbox properly supports MacOS 12.3, even though it was released weeks ago and has now been superseded by 12.3.1 with zero-day fixes.  I can find discussion of this question in the past, and I can find several users having significant problems with 12.3 as recently as this morning (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/High-CPU-Usage-after-updating-MacBook-...), but not anywhere where Dropbox can say that 12.3 is actually supported.  As of 3 weeks ago, the most that was said was that it was not fully supported yet.  Since then there has been a conspicuous silence.  (The issue, of course, is that Apple finally completely banned the file system extension Dropbox was using, per what they had been promising for years.)

Is 12.3 officially supported?  What are the limitations associated with running Dropbox in 12.3, if any?

93 Replies 93

jeannnemelanie
Helpful | Level 5

It is UNBELIEVABLE !! We still do not have any answers from @dropbox !! As paid members we give you a lot of money and you are still ignoring us... Can't believe this is happening.

You did not even answer to @paul20 who is asking what problems can we exactly be waiting if we update macOS. We can not wait longer to upgrade our systems, it is a security concern !!!

arndtk
Helpful | Level 5

What's going on here? No update, still no information about any new version?

We pay a lot for Dropbox but this important feature has not been available correctly for months now. When will there be an update?

Why is there no discount for the customers as long as the function is not available?

Regards

Arndt

Buntomat
New member | Level 2

Hi there!

Works fine for me on macos Monterey 12.4 !

Carsten 

arndtk
Helpful | Level 5

Really? I'm on 12.4 now and have still the same problem.

Which Dropbox version you're using?

Thanks and regards

Arndt

Buntomat
New member | Level 2

the latest one from homebrew

arndtk
Helpful | Level 5

Sorry, but what is homebrew? 😞

Could you send me a link?

Buntomat
New member | Level 2

Sure but the download version must be the same ... 

https://brew.sh/index_de

Tirion2K22
Helpful | Level 6

So Smart Sync is working for you on 12.4? The latest stable version through dropbox installer itself is the same as homebrew.

marksc111
Helpful | Level 6

The complete absence of communication about this ever since they announced they were *starting* work on their 12.3 update—the very week 12.3 shipped, I believe, which is frankly, some of the most incompetent software development/management/whatever that I've seen since the bad old days of the Microsoft Mac team circa 1996—says so much about how rapidly Dropbox is sliding down the pan. 

Hello? Is anybody listening? PLEASE update us on the status of your Mac software. Is it working as it should yet? (no.) And one of the previous posters raised an excellent point: we are paying customers, WHERE IS OUR GROVELLING APOLOGY AND REFUNDED MONEY ON A SERVICE THAT ISN'T WORKING AS IT WAS ADVERTISED WHEN IT WAS SOLD TO US?

Just dreadful. 

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reaching out. We hear your feedback and we’re working hard on this experience.

A public beta for full support of macOS will be available in early Q4. For now, you can still double-click to open files in Finder. Everything else is working as usual.

Your experience on PC devices, dropbox.com, and from the latest iOS and Android apps remains unaffected. You can find more information here [https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/macos-12-monterey-support].

Please ensure you have turned on early releases and once the beta is available to you, you will receive a notification.

Thank you.

Need more support?