cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 158.4.4564

Dropbox support for macOS 12.3

Anna R.5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So I'm referring to https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/macos-12-monterey-support

Does this mean it will be 100% safe to upgrade to macOS 12.3 as long as I keep Smart sync to Local, please?

166 Replies 166

jparet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So... November came but i still see no change.

Anyone else noticed any improved dropbox behaviour in handling online-only files?

Pokapix
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Any update on fix for macOS 12.3+ and onwards?
A solution was promised in start of the year, then it changed to November when support finally responded to frustrated customer leaving the sinking digital solution of a ship, and now we are closer to the start of December... 

Speak to us! Update us! This is insane we are forced to stick to 12.2 or use a cribbled solution until you put some effort into solving this matter, you've had years prior to fix this, and decided to respond first when it was too late, and then you didn't even manage to fullfil your original promise of a fix early 2022.... 

And when solved, I really hope you'll inform your customers via email! we shouldn't be the ones doing the effort to see if you finally solved this unprofessional situation you've put our companies in.

cbonargent
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Here here! We've been patiently waiting because a solution was supposed to be coming.
The least Dropbox can do is to give us an update.

cbonargent
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I get a pit in my stomach when I think about having to transfer all my digital assets out of Dropbox.

It's been a couple years, and I haven't even finished the full transfer! But since I've done it once, I can do it again.
And find another (maybe better?) way to work.

My annual subscription payment is coming up in December and I just don't feel confortable paying so much for a service that doesn't work. As much as I loathe the idea of having to start again elsewhere, I think thats what I'll have to do soon.

It doesn't make sense to be stuck in OS 12.2 indefinitely (especially with a new Mac) with no idea when and if Dropbox will ever work again correctly. 

To be ignored by the company this way must mean there are only a handful of users in this situation, or they have either moved on or found another solution.

benk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I complained about this problem for more than 6 months.
The dropbox is not working for m1 macs.
Any adobe application can't open previous off-line files. That's makes impossible to work.
IMPOSSIBLE.

So we have a lot of computers that we can't use because dropbox is not working. And that issue is not new.
Support is always saying that is working to correct, but nothing is done.

And we are still paying for a service that is not working.

Please be clear to the clients. It will work or not? Or we need to look for another service to use?

johnhalldesign
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

STILL on OS12.1 because of all the potential issues I'm reading about, but really need to at least upgrade to 12.6 now.

I have an M1 iMac and an intel MacBook Pro that are my main machines than I need to sync seamlessly, and a ton of shared folders with clients that I don't want to lose. I use mainly Adobe apps.

I don't have files on external drives, so not too worried about that issue, and I can live with the smart sync issue, if I can at least open online only files through the finder. The majority of my files are live on one machine or the other.

Given all that how safe if it to upgrade, and is there any reason to only go to 12.6 or might I just as well go to Ventura? 

sphen
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

just go to ventura then. same issues in 12.6.1 as 13.0.1 for now.

themaybeblock
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

So we're in late November, can you tell us anything????

PARTNER
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is crazy -- we are desperate for a fix. 

The issue makes working on projects with shared files in the cloud basically impossible. 

jparet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

At this point i gave up all hope that will ever be fixed...

Need more support?