cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox without Mode S.

Dropbox without Mode S.

IgnacioS
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I want to install Xiaomi Book S which I have cancelled S Mode of Windows 11. Can it be installed somehow? Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@IgnacioS wrote:

Hi, I want to install Xiaomi Book S which I have cancelled S Mode of Windows 11. Can it be installed somehow? Thanks

You can install Dropbox for S Mode but you won't be able to install the regular Dropbox desktop application (the one that syncs). The Xiaomi Book S uses an ARM processor, and the Dropbox application is not compatible with ARM processors (only Intel and Apple silicon).

IgnacioS
Explorer | Level 4
Hi again, I've been working with Dropbox Lite on the Xiaomi Book with ARM processor for a few months now. The problem is that it doesn't update the files correctly on the other 2 systems I use, an Android and a Windows 10 for PC. Is there a way to configure it so that the synchronisation is effective? Thank you very much.

Rich
Super User II

@IgnacioS wrote:
I've been working with Dropbox Lite on the Xiaomi Book with ARM processor for a few months now.

Dropbox now has a full sync client available for ARM processors. You're no longer limited to Dropbox Lite. Refer to the following thread for more information:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    IgnacioS Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?