cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I add a company certificate to the Dropbox trusted certificate store?

How can I add a company certificate to the Dropbox trusted certificate store?

SHRAGA
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,
I want to know if and how to add a company's root cert to the drupbox trusted certificate store,
Or, alternatively, cause dropbox to rely on the OS trusted certificate store (windows 10).

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Re: How can I add a company certificate to the Dropbox trusted certificate store?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @SHRAGA, thanks for joining the Community!

I’ll look into your query with my colleagues in more detail to see if I can get an answer for you.

Thanks for your patience!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for waiting, @SHRAGA. Could you let me know a little more about what you are trying to achieve with this and the specific scenario that it would be used in?

Keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

SHRAGA
Helpful | Level 5

My workplace uses an intercepting MITM proxy to inspect all web traffic. To facilitate this they decode the traffic and then re-encrypt it using a custom root certificate which must be installed on your computer. The dropbox app does not seem to work when the certificate is not the original certificate, because Dropbox does not rely on the Windows root certificate database but on its own unique repository
The question is:
Can Dropbox be configured to rely on the OS root certificate store (windows)?
Or alternatively, would it be possible to add a custom certificate to Dropbox's unique certificate repository?

This is possible in other programs, e.g. goodsync (see attached screenshot of the setting):GoodSonic.png

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the details, please bear with me while I look into this.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the wait, I've received a reply regarding this matter from my colleagues.

They've advised that Dropbox is not compatible with, and doesn’t support, MITM proxies.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

SHRAGA
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for your response,
Is there any intention that dropbox will support this in the future?
Is there a platform to offer or to request that dropbox engineers add support for this option?

Jay
Dropboxer

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future! 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?