cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How could I get Dropbox Paper 2020?

How could I get Dropbox Paper 2020?

neosmile
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

How could I upgrade to Dropbox Paper 2020 from the older version?

73 Replies 73

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@richratt sadly not 😞 

And no, we know no more than you guys do I'm afraid

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

YogY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Having been an advocate of Dropbox since 2010 and persuaded many companies to migrate/start using Dropbox, it makes me sad to see such a seemingly trivial issue destroy the reputation.

To be clear: the issue is not being on an older version of Paper, the issue is the collaboration between users with different versions. This has led to a lot of frustration and even more time wasted.

Please at least communicate clearly on the progress. Thank you.

Julien B.12
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

End of June 2022 and still nothing for Dropbox Paper legacy users.

Is there a management issue at Dropbox?

Elliott C.1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Quick update while I'm in the neighborhood, in case anyone at Dropbox ever sees this, I'm talking my company out of switching from Box to Dropbox because of the lack of long-term support for the product. Dropbox is by far the more user-friendly service for now, but if features as big as Paper get quietly orphaned like this, an Enterprise account seems like a real risk.

Best,

Elliott

YogY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

When will 2020 Paper features be rolled out to long-time users?

Just trying to get a structured answer (again).

Thanks,

Guy

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@YogY 

Nobody has any clue I'm afraid - there is (as always) total radio silence from Dropbox on this

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Elliott C.1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@YogY , Dropbox does not announce specific timelines for product improvements like this and previous communications indicate that they have no concrete plans to roll out the current version to legacy users.

aggalix
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Actually in early 2020 they did say that existing users would be migrated as soon as they could, and that nobody would be left on the old paper. I wonder if anyone had been migrated. Or whether it’s just new users who get it.

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/paper/paper-2020-faqs

Elliott C.1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@aggalix , They said they intended to, but they've since gone silent and updates don't contain timelines, meaning they haven't actually planned to do so.

bconglet
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The paper API depreciation date has been extended about 5 times so far, the latest update pushes it from Q2 2022 (obviously not met) to End of 2022. I would say that is some kind of news, but that date has been pushed back so many times that I wouldn’t count on any date, even if by some miracle all of us dedicated early adopters actually got an official date from ANYONE at Dropbox.

https://developers.dropbox.com/paper-migration-guide
Need more support?