cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I clear sync history on a mac? Confidential information must be removed.

How do I clear sync history on a mac? Confidential information must be removed.

Ragusea
Helpful | Level 5

There must be a way to clear sync history.  Only recently did this become a problem.  I'm a doctor and have to eliminate confidential information from the sync history.  There appears to be no way to do that.  I use Apple, by the way.

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Do you mean on the Dropbox app on the desktop? 

The Sync History and Activity Tab's cannot be cleared. 

The 'Notifications' one (bell icon) can by hovering over the notification and clicking on the three dots. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II

Also as a side note remember that unless you are a paid Business user Dropbox is not HIPAA compliant: https://help.dropbox.com/security/hipaa-hitech-overview

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ragusea
Helpful | Level 5

I'm afraid this doesn't help at all. I've used DropBox for years and never saw an old sync record.  There must be some way to erase the sync history so that confidential information can be erased. If there isn't a way to do that now, there should be!  It's critical to my use of DropBox.

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid there isnt and never has been. Same with the records of the last viewed files on the website. I've complained about it for years 😞 

The only thing I can suggest is you make a Suggestion for a change to the software. 

Ragusea
Helpful | Level 5

I'm afraid that doesn't show me three dots nor do I think it would it fix the problem.  But, thanks.  Using most programs, one can delete the history as with FaceTime or Skype or Safari.  Dropbox should be similar.

Need more support?