cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How long can I put off the MacOS Dropbox update?

How long can I put off the MacOS Dropbox update?

Alexander38
Explorer | Level 3

~/Dropbox is pretty integral to a lot of my workflow, with lots of apps keeping their documents there, programs symlinked to have their preferences there, automations and scripts built to save things there. As such, I'm going to have to spend hours changing all those things to use the new location in ~/Library/CloudStorage. Not looking forward to that, so I'm wondering how long I can put it off for? Will it auto-install the next time I restart my computer? 

I'm on Monterrey and have absolutely no plans of updating to Ventura for months, if ever, sounds like a bug-fest.

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Alexander38 wrote:

Will it auto-install the next time I restart my computer?

It will auto-install when Dropbox pushes it out. There's no way to postpone it or prevent it from happening.

ilya1
Helpful | Level 6

DONT DO IT . I just do it yesterday and ALL MY FILES DESAPEAR , and ZERO support from DropBox it is a nigthmare

LvH
New member | Level 2

Ah ok, so we need to firewall-off the connection to the update URL to avoid this - thank you! 

Need more support?