cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do selective sync with "available online"

How to do selective sync with "available online"

skyline
Explorer | Level 3

This is on Windows 10 PC. Let me say that I have 2TB Dropbox and 1TB SSD. I want to make folder A (not all) available on SSD. But when I try to set up Dropbox, it says "there is no enough space" and it will be "online-only." But what I want is

*to have folder A available offline

*not other folders at all (no online only).

What is the workflow for this? 

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@skyline wrote:

I want to make folder A (not all) available on SSD. But when I try to set up Dropbox, it says "there is no enough space" and it will be "online-only."

Set up Dropbox as you are and let it sync everything as Online-only. Then right-click Folder A and set it to Available Offline.

skyline
Explorer | Level 3

I did right click but do not see "available offline."

Rich
Super User II

@skyline wrote:

I did right click but do not see "available offline."

Is the Dropbox application running and are you right-clicking a folder that's located inside your Dropbox folder? If so, you should see the Dropbox context menu items. The exact wording you're looking for is Make available offline.

The Dropbox context menu items won't appear if Dropbox isn't running, or if you're right-clicking on an item located outside of the Dropbox folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    skyline Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?