cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to turn off comment email notifications from Dropbox Replay?

How to turn off comment email notifications from Dropbox Replay?

gl6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello,

I can't see how to turn off email notifications for comments on Replay videos. I'm getting an email for every single comment my team- members make! Any pointers?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kried
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Hey all, I wanted to share an exciting new update that we have introduced a Settings Page on your Dropbox Replay.  From this page, you will be able to toggle on/off a variety of different categories of email notifications that you might be receiving from Replay. You also have the option to turn email notifications off entirely from this page.  Here is a Capture showing you how this page works as well. 

A quick note: your Replay notification emails will continue to be batched every 15 minutes to make sure you don't get hundreds of individual notifications when someone is reviewing your content.  Also, these controls only control specifically Replay notifications, not other Dropbox emails or Replay marketing emails. 

We hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any questions/comments about this new feature. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there, @gl6, how are you today? 

Can I ask if you see any way to disable Replay email notifications when you access your account's settings here

Let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

gl6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hey Megan,

No there isn't an option in the notifications settings - i've unticked all boxes and still receive Replay notification emails!

Thanks,

Grace

Alejandro M.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi! as a suggestion, even if the option were there on the account's settings I believe this shouldn't be there at the account's level, or at least that should be a secondary filter option for the user itself.

If/when me or someone is adding comments and annotating along the video it should allow for a 'silent' work through and not spam everybody added to the video's project for every single comment or activity done on it, it should have a "notify members" checkbox somewhere.

setterstudios
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Similarly When I write a reply comment on one of the comments left by a client by clicking “reply”. The person who wrote the initial comment as well as all others who have clicked “reply” to that comment should receive an email notification that I replied to their comment. But i agree with the previous comment that I don’t want to become a spammer. It’d be awesome to leave all my comments the click a send my comments button or an I'm done commenting button. Only then do people get a single email with all of my comments grouped in it from that session of comments. This should ONLY apply when the other user is not watching live as well. As long as they are not watching live and the client enters their email address when they join as a guest OR if they have an existing dropbox account this should be the default process of getting notified when a reply is made on their comment.

ByFabianB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If you look at the bottom of the notification email you'll notice this line.
Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 18.40.56.png
To control which emails we send to you, go to manage your subscription and notification settings , or click here to unsubscribe .

Once you click on it, it will take you to the right place.

You'll have a lot of options, I still don't know what it what but you can experiment. I think the ones with the arrows are the ones you need to untick.

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 18.51.17.png

Hope the photos help. Let me know how you get on.

gl6
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hey,

Thanks for your help but this setting only applies to notifications from the Dropbox Community. My question was relating specifically to Replay email notifications.

G

MaartenB
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried Replay in the hope that I can limit the amount of feedback via email and have a more streamlined approach. But if I get an email for each and every comment, then that defeats the purpose. Love the functionality of Replay, though, much appreciated.

Jimochi
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I've been searching for an answer for hours believing it can't be uncontrollable.  Hope Dropbox fixes this or somebody knows the solution. Thanks for posting this super important question !

Atiba
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi, Thanks for your feedback! The Replay team understands your frustration. We are actively working to address the issue with email notifications. Future updates will include: 
  • Lessening the frequency of emails by batching your replay notifications into one email.
  • Giving users more control of what email notifications they receive.
  • New look of email notifications that include more context of each notification.

Please stay up to date with our monthly product updates in our What’s New section at the top-right of the Replay page (link).Whats New Screenshot (April 2022).png

Need more support?