cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DB enters the infinitesimal.

I can't sync my files - Dropbox gives error

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4

I'm running Mac Ventura, latest version on a Mac book air. I've been here before.

No DB in upper menu item

No DB in finder

I took my files from DB

I tried to delete folders (permanently) from DB and from tried to delete from my computer in a DB folder, it says the files must be downloaded.

I then put 1 file on DB web and I was given a link to the file which worked seamlessly

I do not have the application on my computer (nor the finder mentioned.)

I've been dealing with this for a couple of months but the problem has existed before that.

Tired.

28 Replies 28

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4

I've been working on this problem since June.

Best,

Isabella

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Since you mentioned that this is essentially a download of your Dropbox folder, and the files have't yet completed their download for a while, it's possible that something interrupted the connection.

Just for clarification again, can you see these folders on the Dropbox site? Can you download one of the folders to another location as a test?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4

@Jay 

"Since you mentioned that this is essentially a download of your Dropbox folder, and the files have't yet completed their download for a while, it's possible that something interrupted the connection"

Yes, something interrupted the downloads, but what and why can't I do anything with the greyed out folders? They are static. In fact, they have been static since I dragged them to my desktop a few days ago. These folders on my desktop never showed any signs of downloading; no movement of progress circles.  

I deleted all of my folders from the DB website except for a photo, "Honolulu". 

I'm hoping that the previous posts will answer some of your questions.

Thank you!

Isabella

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Isabella, can you please check your Events and Deleted files page and let me know if you can see any trace of the folders you deleted on these two pages?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4

@Nancy There is nothing in deleted nor on any other dropbox folders deleted or otherwise.

EXCEPT for the Honolulu image. That works fine.

No images or folders anywhere else on my DB account.

Thank you,

Isabella

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4

@Walter

I've done this repeatedly. I feel like I'm a hamster on a wheel.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @IsabellaBritain, sorry to jump in here. 

To make sure I understand this correctly, do you mean that you dragged your Dropbox files from your account online to your computer in order for them to get downloaded?

And can you clarify if you chose to permanently delete the files from the website, after you dragged them to your computer?

Sorry to be asking so many questions, we just want to have a clear idea of the situation.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4

@Hanna 

"To make sure I understand this correctly, do you mean that you dragged your Dropbox files from your account online to your computer in order for them to get downloaded?"

Yes, I dragged my files fromDB to my desktop. However, I didn't realize that they would be downloaded on the desktop.

I didn't get that.

"And can you clarify if you chose to permanently delete the files from the website, after you dragged them to your computer?"

Yes, I wanted everything off of DB considering if I wanted to be a part of DB at all.

Good questions.

Thanks, Hannah.

Isabella

Jay
Dropbox Staff

When you dragged the files over, did you immediately delete them permanently from the Dropbox site, or did you give the files some time to download on the machine?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

IsabellaBritain
Explorer | Level 4

@Jay 

I gave the download 2 days and they are still not downloaded on my desktop. They sit there in a static state below.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 9.52.48 AM.png

 

Thanks!

Isabella

Need more support?