cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install headless on Linux 20.04 RUST PANICKING

Install headless on Linux 20.04 RUST PANICKING

Hal MacLean
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi - looking for ideas on this, as it is the first time I've seen it...

I download and install the client app on a Linux Ubuntu 20.04 server, set up on AWS. All seems to go well until I issue:

~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd

I get the following few lines of extensions loading, followed by an aborted start:

dropbox: load fq extension '/home/ubuntu/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-126.4.4618/cryptography.hazmat.bindings._openssl.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/ubuntu/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-126.4.4618/cryptography.hazmat.bindings._padding.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/ubuntu/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-126.4.4618/psutil._psutil_linux.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/ubuntu/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-126.4.4618/psutil._psutil_posix.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/ubuntu/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-126.4.4618/apex._apex.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/ubuntu/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-126.4.4618/tornado.speedups.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/ubuntu/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-126.4.4618/wrapt._wrappers.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/ubuntu/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-126.4.4618/PyQt5.QtWidgets.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
RUST PANICKING -- "Failed to run Python command!" at "app/lib/core/bootstrap/src/python.rs":127
Aborted (core dumped)

Is this a file permission issue, or something incompatible with Ubuntu 20.04? What would you suggest I do to investigate it? I've already followed the 'Advanced Re-install' procedure, but ended up at the same point. I've had this working on a non AWS server before, but just can't seem to get it working on AWS.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

21 Replies 21

aclopes
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi guys,

The solution posted by wescpy, worked for me too!

Thank you very much for your help!

leif_71
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks @Hannah, since I was trying to switch to Raspbian and I had problems with dropbox I've gone back to Ubuntu Mate but I didn't get to try @wescpy's suggestion, I have no more problems.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

leif_71 New member | Level 2
    aclopes New member | Level 2
    Hal MacLean Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?